A darker era of derankers than COD4/5

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. A darker era of derankers than COD4/5

User Info: _HahaaE_

_HahaaE_
1 year ago#1
Back in COD4/5, any time I saw a derank lobby, I dashboarded; I still have my stats.

Well, it seems either I've been behind the times or deranking has evolved as COD went on. I now have 3 people on my friends' list who have been deranked in MW3, and unlike COD4/5, there was absolutely nothing they could have done to stop it. One friend was booted from a lobby by a modder, and then a colorful text appeared on his screen informing him that he had been deranked. 395k kills -> 0. Another friend of mine who had about 180k kills was deranked inbetween matches (according to her). Said she was her normal level, then she checked the leaderboards and was at the very bottom of her friend leaderboards, with everything reset and she was back at level 1.

At least you can still play after being deranked in this game, I suppose (rather than being level "-1" and not being able to find a match like in COD4/5). You retain your position on the weekly leaderboards, those stats don't change. But anything you'd accomplished on the "All time" leaderboards, every title and emblem, every challenge, every prestige, is reset to nothing.

So f***ing disappointing.
MKSC: Shortcut World Champion (47 WR's)
SSBM: Fox & Puff

_HahaaE_
1 year ago#2
As of yesterday, the borderline legendary/notorious HPPYGLMRE (short for Happy Gilmore, obviously) has been deranked. He's somewhat of a legend of sorts in dropzone, because everyone who has played DZ here and there has probably run into Gilmore. The dude rolls with one of my buddies named FeaR Klownz, who has like a 2.5 KD with over 880k kills. Gilmore has over 230 days played himself. 230 days. IIRC he was in the legitimate top100 for total points (Klownz is ranked #8 on the weekly leaderboard for kills that stopped updating around a year ago, when you take out the hackers at the top -- over 300k kills). Well, Gilmore is reset to level 1, no prestige, no challenges done, no titles or emblems unlocked, all of his time played erased.

RIP HPPYGLMRE.

User Info: Ballas

Ballas
1 year ago#3
This really sucks! Especially that you cant say its a hacked lobby or not (like in Cod 4/5).I feel bad for him and the other guys who got deranked by this hacking/modding idiots.
Last time i played this game, i heard a guy talking in SnD that he will derank everyone who uses SitRep, it just thought he joked, but now i know better.
The other time i got kicked midgame, i also thought it was a connection issue, but i now im sure it was also a hacker who kicked me (got luckily not deranked)

Just one question: Do you think the Hacker must be the host of the lobby to do this? Or can anyone do this who have this hacks and join into the match?

_HahaaE_
1 year ago#4
I'm not sure. But I'm pretty sure there are mods that force host migration, so it wouldn't matter. Hard to say, considering people can get deranked in pregame lobby.

User Info: NotoriousIy

NotoriousIy
1 year ago#5
man, really makes me sad that good games have the worst s*** happen in them.
cod4, mw2 and mw3 were all good games; but, many problems plagued them after a new game was released.

i wish i had live, but my 360 doesn't wanna connect to live for some reason.
now it kinda makes me not wanna play this anymore seeing as this can now happen.

_HahaaE_
1 year ago#6
Yeah, it is unfortunate. I'm trying to grind the old CODs more often now (4/5/Blops). I enjoy 4 the most, playing 5 and BO1 feels so tedious though, because I was 10th prestige on 4 accounts when I played COD5 on Wii, and 15th prestige on BO1. Not to mention half the games I join on BO1 already have a f***ing attack chopper in the air when I spawn.

If you wanna grind 4/5/bo1 when you get live, feel free to hit me up man.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. A darker era of derankers than COD4/5

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived