Worth getting for Day Z?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ArmA II: Combined Operations
  3. Worth getting for Day Z?

User Info: Giantwaspface

Giantwaspface
5 years ago#1
'ello.

I was wondering if the Day Z mod is sufficiently decent to warrant buying Arma 2. Normally, I'm not really a fan of military shootery stuff, but I have a soft spot for survival horror and a friend of mine assured me that its a great (if punishing) experience.

The thing is, I'm not usually too fond of multiplayer stuff either, so how does day Z stand up as a single-player experience?

Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
"I told you I was ill"
-Spike Milligan's epitaph.

User Info: The Lionheart

The Lionheart
5 years ago#2
I'm thinking about getting it myself, but if you are solely against teaming up with people I think you would be better off. From what I hear people tend to kill you only for your stuff rather than work together. The whole open world element with zombies just feels too good to pass up and I want to play it while it is still popular. I'm just curious of how big the game file is if I download it.

User Info: nandabun

nandabun
5 years ago#3
Myself and a small group of friends I know beforehand, from other games, got it.

I don't know what exactly about this game is so entrancing, but I just can NOT stop playing.
We also get on a Skype group call when we're in-game, to make things much easier.
SteamID - ShoelaceSage

User Info: Dagoth_Wit

Dagoth_Wit
5 years ago#4
In its current state, it's brutally hard for new players. You don't even spawn with a weapon now. This was done to curb some of the rampant spawn killing that was going on.

The learning curve might as well be a right angle. If you stick to it and learn the different mechanics, it's a very rewarding experience. Just keep in mind that it's still in alpha. That means lots of weird bugs that can kill you inexplicably.
Gamertag: Dagoth Wit
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am.

User Info: c0rr0s10n

c0rr0s10n
5 years ago#5
Worst glitch so far I had was funny as hell. I was in a church and had to log out. I went prone on the stairs next to the altar and broke my legs. How funny is that? I laughed for 10 minutes.
"You Big, Stupid, Jellyfish!"

User Info: ELightShow

ELightShow
5 years ago#6
Hmmm, my friends love it and complain cause I uninstalled it due to glitches (most annoying is shutting your self in a building only to have zombies clip through doors/walls/floors and kill you, kinda pointless to try to secure a building).

Since you don't like mp this shouldn't be and issue but the DayZ/beta patch was messing with me joining Combined Ops mp which I love and the parachute training mission is glitched. (All could be from me not installing the beta patch correctly, if so sorry :) ).

Once it's complete and balanced it should be good, but as of now I'm staying away.
Hope that helped.
Video games...
  1. Boards
  2. ArmA II: Combined Operations
  3. Worth getting for Day Z?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived