what a bunch of lamos (pardon he grammer its crap)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Faction: Armageddon
  3. what a bunch of lamos (pardon he grammer its crap)

User Info: b_i_b_l_e

b_i_b_l_e
6 years ago#1
And this game is bad why exactly? Story is fun gameplay fun too I have never had so much fun with a shooter. Even though my grammer bad I had to say this. More games are getting big overhauls well apparently were not gana get listen to so we have to make the most of it I can name a few games that were great through out the whole series and the number of games that stick to how the game is, is dwindling but I know a couple games with feed back that changed them and for the worse. Every game I see I know it could be way better but I just play them any way and have fun. We seem to be forgetting the days of pong or pac man with no story so if story is that important go read a book or something its important and so is the feel but gruella wasent as fun not by a long shot the repair alone makes this game way better lose cover repair it and you stand a chance its unfortunate but we have to live with it I like it it is different from the ones one ps2 by a long shot but I like it and I dont care how different it is if I can have fun...
got a ps3?

User Info: Joefatty2x4

Joefatty2x4
6 years ago#2
Fully agreed.

User Info: Mocking Crow

Mocking Crow
6 years ago#3
When inventions/ideas change, its called innovation. Its the reason we no longer use cast iron refrigerators. Its the reason we have cell phones. Games, just like everything else, needs to constantly evolve, ESPECIALLY for the constant demand and supply warranted by the industry. If you dont deliver on something innovative, fresh, addictive, fun, etc. etc. than your game isnt going to last and a thousand other studios will have their shot tomorrow.

This game did not deliver, and furthermore, was a step back. If you just want FPS to be just like the old ones, PLAY the old ones! Unfortunately for you few nostalgia loving gamers, majority, including mother nature and the theory of evolution, disagrees with you.

I would like to say I see this game as a 6... Would easily be an 8 if there was replay value. Gameplay is good, controls were good, but unfortunately, much like many games lately, once you beat it... WHAT DO?! I think fighting aliens who leap around everywhere was a bad touch to the game too. Really eliminates the tactical portion to it. IMO, a big fun factor in gun games is the gritty stealth involved. This is easily countered by adding 2-4 player coop with LONGER missions -_-
Normal was defined by an arrogant or closed minded man who knew too little.

User Info: b_i_b_l_e

b_i_b_l_e
6 years ago#4
I want the other ones back because they had something games today dont have but should makes them something more i get games today because their funner new and have things to offer this has that but with a few problems lol. Honestly i like most of the changes i just wish games could still have that stuff where you go through it die A MILLION TIMES then have ng+ and be op thats rare now its all about you're gamer score er what ever really that's dumb to make it that important. I know I can play games and I don't care about braging I brag lol but I don't care who see's and as for replay value its very high to me ng+ made that happen. like I said ng+ is rare sort of not as rare s 3 years ago but rare none the less so theirs hope lol.
got a ps3?

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
6 years ago#5
Mocking Crow posted...
Unfortunately for you few nostalgia loving gamers, majority, including mother nature and the theory of evolution, disagrees with you.

Evolution is charting the path of what's left, not what's right. Viewing it as an upward/forward process is silly.

Mocking Crow posted...
IMO, a big fun factor in gun games is the gritty stealth involved. This is easily countered by adding 2-4 player coop with LONGER missions -_-

#1 "Gritty stealth" is "a big fun factor" in stealth/ninja/assassin/sniper games. Big guns and bigger explosions are "a big fun factor" in FPS shooters like the Red Faction and Quake line of games. Nothing in the series has required or even been materially affected by "stealth" features. Even the first game which gave you, IIRC, two different potential or actual sniper rifles and a railgun with x-ray scope didn't really incorporate "stealth."

#2 Adding more players to the current gameplay will not in any way, shape, or form add or enhance any "tactical" aspects. It would crowd up an already limited at times playing field and result in near instantaneous destruction of all temporary objects.

If you really wanted to enhance any tactical aspects of this game you'd need to nerf the magnet gun a bit, increase structure durability from zero to something greater than zero, allow standard weapons to shoot through, but not destroy, destructable/temporary objects, and in general make the deformable landscape more than just window dressing and magnet gun ammo.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Faction: Armageddon
  3. what a bunch of lamos (pardon he grammer its crap)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived