3DS has a dead pixel

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS has a dead pixel

User Info: HylianGod

HylianGod
6 years ago#1
What Do I do.

I had bought Zelda DX about an hour before noticing.

I can exchange it for a new one because I got the extended warranty, and risk not being able to get ambassador status again.

Or I send it in for free repair and hope they send the same 3DS back.

or should I argue with CS and get a refund for LA and exchange it hopefully getting home in time to get ambassador status.

Help.

User Info: Gigantuar

Gigantuar
6 years ago#2
Be like me and live with it if it's not in a horrible location. I have a dead pixel in the very lower left corner of the top screen. It doesn't interfere with DS games and is barely noticeable in 3DS games due to location.

I thought about exchanging it when I bought it but knowing that LCD's have a fairly high rate of dead pixels (it took me 3 PSP's before I found one without dead pixels) I decided to live with it due to where it is.
Good morning, Crono!

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
6 years ago#3

Be like me and live with it if it's not in a horrible location. I have a dead pixel in the very lower left corner of the top screen. It doesn't interfere with DS games and is barely noticeable in 3DS games due to location.

I thought about exchanging it when I bought it but knowing that LCD's have a fairly high rate of dead pixels (it took me 3 PSP's before I found one without dead pixels) I decided to live with it due to where it is.

Is it really that high? I have yet to get a handheld with a dead pixel at the start... I feel like i just jinxed myself...
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."

User Info: kamikaze135

kamikaze135
6 years ago#4
LightHawKnight posted...

Is it really that high? I have yet to get a handheld with a dead pixel at the start... I feel like i just jinxed myself...

Very common
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden

User Info: zender1999

zender1999
6 years ago#5
keep exchanging it until you get one that you like, that is what i did with my 3ds and ipad2
especially on the 3ds, when using 3d in a game, a dead pixel is a lot more of a pain than on a regular screen

User Info: Fierce_Deity777

Fierce_Deity777
6 years ago#6
Couldn't you get the ambassador games as they come out, then transfer the games to a new one later or something?
This post authorized by Adam Malkovich.

User Info: HylianGod

HylianGod
6 years ago#7
It's about a centimeter down on the bottom screen off center. Thing I'm worried about is that I'll focus on it every time the screen goes dark.

User Info: blablablax17

blablablax17
6 years ago#8
my original DS from 2004/2005 had a dead pixel
i used that same DS until i picked myself up a 3DS
its not that big of a deal

User Info: zender1999

zender1999
6 years ago#9
i would still exchange it, i hate dead pixels, but give this a try, massage the dead pixel for a bit, i had one on my lcd and it went away, i just massage it , just pusch the screen down gently and while you are applying the pressure, massage it

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
6 years ago#10
LightHawKnight posted...

same with me. in fact i never had a dead pixel period(until i dropped my ds lite that had litterally been played for OVER 9000 hours and been dropped about 150 times already)
If you believe in JESUS and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig. 3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS has a dead pixel

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived