Do you think the 3DS will have region-locking?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you think the 3DS will have region-locking?

User Info: PhireKrow

PhireKrow
6 years ago#1
After the DSi was released, special games that used DSi-only features had a region lock on them, meaning you couldn't play Japanese DSi games on an American DSi. Has Nintendo made any announcements on region-locking yet?

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
6 years ago#2
those games themselves were region locked...

PhireKrow
6 years ago#3
I know that, and considering the 3DS has many of the same features of the DSi, I don't think it's entirely impossible that everything will be region-locked from the start.

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
6 years ago#4
depends on the developer

ifthey want to be snoody, they'll region lock

User Info: plagamesforeva

plagamesforeva
6 years ago#5
I'm sure that with DSI-specific and DSI-featured games being region locked, that set the precedent for ALL future 3DS games to be FULLY region locked.
CAPCOM needs to make a third Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the PSP!

PhireKrow
6 years ago#6
Not sure why they would region-lock the games, since games like Demon's Souls and Phoenix Wright would have never been translated to English if it weren't for importers.

User Info: NabbyNabs

NabbyNabs
6 years ago#7

Not sure why they would region-lock the games, since games like Demon's Souls and Phoenix Wright would have never been translated to English if it weren't for importers.

Exactly. I might not understand a lot of japanese - and what I do understand is with the help of a basic dictionary - but you bet I'll do a lot of importing next year since I won't be able to wait until the games are released in English xD
FCs in profile, but use this unless stated: Pt (Noy) 0646 8809 2868
Member of the NCG guild. 38 requests done so far~! - http://sites.google.com/site/nabbynabs

PhireKrow
6 years ago#8
Agreed. And I really don't want to have to buy 2 systems just so I can play Japanese and American games. It's not like region-locking prevents piracy or anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you think the 3DS will have region-locking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived