Do you think old DS games will be rescaled or have black borders?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you think old DS games will be rescaled or have black borders?

User Info: KHRZ

KHRZ
7 years ago#1
3DS should definitely be powerfull enough, but won't it cause touch screen inaccuracy because of the bad pixel ratio between them?
SSBB FC: 4640-1011-4754 Name: KHRZ

User Info: ohh42

ohh42
7 years ago#2
They will most likely have borders for the top screen, but be scaled to where it will be correctly positioned on the touch screen
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21

User Info: Sarick_Lyre

Sarick_Lyre
7 years ago#3
The touchscreen wouldn't be an issue. We have calibration after all. Though otherwise it is still wiser to play DS games on a DS. As I have never seen backwards compatibility that surpasses playing in on a working original system

User Info: ohh42

ohh42
7 years ago#4
^ In my opinion, playing a GameBoy game on a GameBoy Advance SP was a superior experience just because of the lit screen.
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21

User Info: relsoft

relsoft
7 years ago#5
If they use the 2d engine, I would assume a border. If they use the 3d core to draw 2d, it could be rescaled w/o probs and little effort.
My free DS homebrews: http://rel.betterwebber.com
Space Impakto DS video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPRiI41BBs
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you think old DS games will be rescaled or have black borders?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived