Not a gimmick! :D

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Not a gimmick! :D

User Info: sackboypwnsall

sackboypwnsall
6 years ago#1
Its so nice to have Quality games with 3D in the title and not see it as a gimmick for a change. :)
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!

User Info: AP3Brain

AP3Brain
6 years ago#2
? Isn't the 3d part a gimmick?

User Info: Sakurafanboy

Sakurafanboy
6 years ago#3
gimmick =/= bad

gimmick is just something added to that game to make it more appealing. So, yes, 3D is a gimmick.
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!

User Info: whitexalbum

whitexalbum
6 years ago#4
^This
PSN: scionthedark
GT : Scion The Dark

User Info: ohh42

ohh42
6 years ago#5
Well, just like motion control, if everyone else is doing it, it can't be bad when used correctly, right?
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21

User Info: rytango

rytango
6 years ago#6
Yeah, it's a gimmick as it doesn't really offer anything substantial to the gameplay only experience.

It's one that I can actually stand tho since it isn't required or forced on you and you don't have to wear or use any silly peripherals.

AP3Brain
6 years ago#7

gimmick =/= bad

gimmick is just something added to that game to make it more appealing. So, yes, 3D is a gimmick.

Yeah usually gimmicks aren't bad but are used to milk more money than the gimmicks are worth.

Sakurafanboy
6 years ago#8
Yeah usually gimmicks aren't bad but are used to milk more money than the gimmicks are worth.

That's why there's usually the option to not use them. I played tons of DS games and have been able to use the directional buttons or a/b depending on the situation and the game still be enjoyable. The same will apply here. Think they're milking 3D? Turn it off.

AP3Brain
6 years ago#9

That's why there's usually the option to not use them. I played tons of DS games and have been able to use the directional buttons or a/b depending on the situation and the game still be enjoyable. The same will apply here. Think they're milking 3D? Turn it off.

I meant milking money that you are paying for the 3d effects. Even if you turn the 3D off you are still paying for it.

Sakurafanboy
6 years ago#10
I meant milking money that you are paying for the 3d effects. Even if you turn the 3D off you are still paying for it.

Hm..yeah. I see your point. The Wii is guilty of this. I enjoy the Wii but it is true its too based on motion control (And WM+ sealed that).
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Not a gimmick! :D

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived