Pretend the 3DS is $300 at launch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pretend the 3DS is $300 at launch

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
7 years ago#1
Millions of people will still buy this and Nintendo will still make tons of money. A good portion of us will still probably buy it and the games and Nintendo will still gain a lot of money. If the 3DS is highly priced (and good) at launch, be prepaired to wait for holiday deals or a price cut if you don't want to spend tons on a handheld system. Personally, I'll wait for some sort of price reduction either way because none of the games appeal to me for how much money I'd be spending. -shrugs- Maybe (a big maybe) they'll release something I really like but I doubt it. I know, we know nothing about the price but I'll spend just close to $300 or more either way. An assumed $200+tax on a system and a few games= over $300 out of my pocket.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: Trasken

Trasken
7 years ago#2
id go with 400 considering tax and buying one or two games
That's GRAND MASTER Bushido Brown to you, boy!

User Info: Baby Kirby

Baby Kirby
7 years ago#3
If it's $300, I hope they announce it mega early so I can save up. If it's $300, I probably won't get any games for it for a while. (Honestly I'd be happy messing around with the 3D camera until I have games)

But I doubt it'll be the much. Wii was only $250 at launch, and I really don't see it being more than that. Maybe the same price, but definitely not more.
Kirby with a blue hat. Watch out he spits. I used to have a right thumb, but it left. Check the instruction manual before you ask a question. It saves time.

User Info: R0yledge777

R0yledge777
7 years ago#4
I would drop 500.
ITS THE 3DS!!!!!!!
Best movie of all time, Twelve Angry Men. People who agree with me: 1

User Info: Vamphaery

Vamphaery
7 years ago#5
I won't pay one cent over $249.99 (plus sales tax) for the system itself. Non-negotiable for me.

User Info: d209999

d209999
7 years ago#6
It had better not top $200. If so, I'm out.

At least, until it gets at least two killer apps.
Playing: New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii), Professor Layton 2 (DS)
"I only remember those that I talk to often, or that are particularly irritating."

User Info: samimckee

samimckee
7 years ago#7
Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kingdom Hearts 3DS. Have fun. >;3

User Info: ErrorSupply

ErrorSupply
7 years ago#8
I'm REALLY excited about the 3DS, bud I'd have to pass at that price (provided there's no packed in game).
MWR FC: 2617-3139-7951

User Info: Trasken

Trasken
7 years ago#9
there hasn't been a packed game at system launch since the SNES days i believe
That's GRAND MASTER Bushido Brown to you, boy!

User Info: Weedman686

Weedman686
7 years ago#10
this price is unacceptable unless it comes packaged with a top end game
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pretend the 3DS is $300 at launch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived