So to cut a long story short, I've never played any MGS before

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So to cut a long story short, I've never played any MGS before

User Info: NormalCat

NormalCat
6 years ago#1
Will I still have a flying pancake of a clue what's going on in MGS3 or should I at least try and track down the first two?
DISCLAIMER - Arguing with the views presented in the post above this signature will result in you being publicly humiliated

User Info: PSI_Ground

PSI_Ground
6 years ago#2
It's a prequel to all the others.
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880

User Info: PlatinumAce

PlatinumAce
6 years ago#3

It's a prequel to all the others.

but one should still play them in the order released. MGS3 would be spoilerful.

and i got MGS 3 off of a friend a while, and its the only ive ever played. though i could only play up to a certain part -_- disc is scratched.
Top ******* Percentage.

User Info: NormalCat

NormalCat
6 years ago#4
So the games are very story centric then? To the point that I wouldn't find 3 fun without knowing the characters or would reading a synopsis of the first 2 be good enough?
DISCLAIMER - Arguing with the views presented in the post above this signature will result in you being publicly humiliated

User Info: samimckee

samimckee
6 years ago#5
I don't know about 3, but I never beat MGS4 due to not having a clue what was going on.
So bad, not even Naruto would believe it.
PSN ID- Webshot64

User Info: Bull__Moose

Bull__Moose
6 years ago#6
I wouldn't say it wouldn't be fun, but I second the notion of playing the ones released prior to playing this. 3 more or less answers questions that one would have after playing the first two. It probably wouldn't make as much sense until you played 1 and 2 though.
2010 New York Yankees: 41-23
2009 Cleveland Browns: 5-11
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So to cut a long story short, I've never played any MGS before

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived