Rumored specs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Rumored specs

User Info: ozfunghi

ozfunghi
7 years ago#1
rumored 3DS spec

CPU= ARM946E-S (67 MHz)+ARM1176 (TSMC65LP 225-482MHz)
GPU= PowerVR SGX(SGX543MP2); support DX9 and OpenGL ES 2.0); polygon 63M/s; filling rate 1.8 GPixel
RAM=16MB+48MB
Battery=lithium-ion battery 1350 mAh

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21968225&postcount=2725

Elsewhere in the same topic, a member confirmed that the 3D effect in the Resident Evil demo could indeed be adjusted with the slider, hence meaning it was done in real-time. Proving Craig Harris (IGN) wrong (in case anybody still believed his BS).

IF TRUE: These specs, for as far as i can interpret, indicate GCN level hardware, with a dual core GPU (for 2 camera perspectives most likely) that can handle DirectX9/OpenGL ES2 meaning modern shaders. Expect a lot of games to look better than a lot of GCN and Wii games.
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////

User Info: dlomaximo

dlomaximo
7 years ago#2
Why bother with rumors?
Ragnarok DS FC: 4039 8148 0162
Name: Diego

User Info: blood_bender

blood_bender
7 years ago#3
i like rumors. they give me hope.
AC:CF FC:2622-2402-1466
Name: Pocky Town: Turnleaf

ozfunghi
7 years ago#4
Because

A/ it's all we've got
B/ rumors floating around on neogaf have a higher chance of being true than news posted by IGN

User Info: tirkaro

tirkaro
7 years ago#5
Wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

The more I read about it, the more obvious it is that the Wii is running on horrifically outdated hardware.

ozfunghi
7 years ago#6
The main cpu is from the same family as the Iphone and Ipad. ARM11. But probably clocked at a lower speed for battery consumption and because there is no "jack of all trades OS" running.

User Info: Krootahn

Krootahn
7 years ago#7
That battery is much more powerful than the DSi and a decent amount more powerful than the DS Lite.

User Info: Scrounder

Scrounder
7 years ago#8
Good lord those specs are horrible. Probably because I'm too used to PC gaming...

User Info: fire2box

fire2box
7 years ago#9

Good lord those specs are horrible. Probably because I'm too used to PC gaming...

this/// but looking at it from a handheld gaming device standpoint they are pretty good.

User Info: tYRE_602

tYRE_602
7 years ago#10
If I recall correctly the GC was capable of around 20 million polygons/sec....

And it sure as heck didn't support DirectX9....
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Rumored specs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived