What now with the touch screen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What now with the touch screen?

User Info: poompa

poompa
7 years ago#1
I was thinking about the 3d effect of the 3ds while playing mario kart today and realized something: They wont be able to use the touch screen for like a mini-map or radar without breaking the 3d effect. Also, on most of the videos I've seen, the bottom screen isn't really used for anything. My question is, will the touch/bottom screen be used at all on the 3ds? Will it even be used much for controls?

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
7 years ago#2
It will probably be used for maps, hp and stuff. You wouldn't want these 2D elements to be on your 3D screen.
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.

User Info: Vamphaery

Vamphaery
7 years ago#3
The touch screen isn't 3D. Only the top screen is. They've already announced some games that use the touch screen for complex controls. Look at Steel Diver's touch screen images.

User Info: poompa

poompa
7 years ago#4
The fact that games are using the tocu screen for complex controls is what scares me. If we need to constantly look back and forth between the non-3D touch screen and the 3 D top screen, wouldnt that ruin our eyes' view of the 3d effect
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What now with the touch screen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived