Lots o info from 3ds to pikmin (kinda lots more like tidbits)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Lots o info from 3ds to pikmin (kinda lots more like tidbits)

User Info: Sano_sky

Sano_sky
7 years ago#1
This information comes from a Nintendo shareholder's meeting on the 29th at its corporate headquarters in Kyoto...

- Miyamoto is interested in getting a new Pikmin out quickly.
- Miyamoto feels it's time for him to create a new character, since it's been 10 years since Pikmin
- Nintendo is considering adding a playtime feature to the 3DS, much like the one on Wii
- Nintendo has no plans for a theme park, but if they did do one, it would be different from the traditional theme parks that exist now
- Miyamoto has taken an interest in swimming
- Miyamoto is a a member of a youth guidance organization, and spends a lot of time with children
- These statements were by Miyamoto when he was asked about what games he is currently working on
- Nintendo was thinking about the 3DS 6 years ago
- Nintendo is always thinking of new hardware, including successor to 3DS
- the 3DS was demoed at this event, with 50 to 100 Nintendo employees showing off the platform
- the 3DS demo shown featured flowing water, and a wine glass, all in 3D
- the demo also showed a bunch of Mario figures, as well as a poster that featured trophies similar to Smash Bros. trophies
- viewers could change the camera angel with the slide pad or dpad
- there was also a Mario sequence, Yoshi sequence, Pikmin sequence and a Twilight Princess sequence
- this demo video sounds much like the one shown at E3
- on the Ocarina of Time 3DS, and it if will feature visuals closer to Twilight Princess: "We can't share details, but it does have expressive capabilities. This is because the capabilities are of course higher."
- Miyamoto direct quote: "It's about time for a new game character. Perhaps this can be delivered next year."
- Miyamoto direct quote on 3DS: "I'll suddenly have ideas, so being busy now is a good condition."
- Iwata direct quote on possibly adding Nintendo games to an Apple device: "We have absolutely no plans to offer software." i

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=128898
WFC: 2757-4808-2093-9515
Waste O' Topic.

Sano_sky
7 years ago#2
does anybody know what he means when it says

"Nintendo is considering adding a playtime feature to the 3DS, much like the one on Wii"

?
Waste O' Topic.

User Info: Krootahn

Krootahn
7 years ago#3
does anybody know what he means when it says

"Nintendo is considering adding a playtime feature to the 3DS, much like the one on Wii"

System tells you how long you play a game and when.

User Info: sumweeaboo

sumweeaboo
7 years ago#4
Thanks for the information?
---

Sano_sky
7 years ago#5
oh I see. boo... anyways, I wish they had a nintendo theme park.
Waste O' Topic.

User Info: AkaneJones

AkaneJones
7 years ago#6
So Miyamoto is make a new IP game about swimming, prepares for eventual Mermaid game, either that or a Frog.

Sano_sky
7 years ago#7
Im more interested in the fact that he said he'd make a bran new character. new nintendo icon anyone?
Waste O' Topic.

User Info: DarkSideOfBlue

DarkSideOfBlue
7 years ago#8

- on the Ocarina of Time 3DS, and it if will feature visuals closer to Twilight Princess: "We can't share details, but it does have expressive capabilities. This is because the capabilities are of course higher."

Awesome.

User Info: sumweeaboo

sumweeaboo
7 years ago#9
A new character? I wonder what the new character will be like and what kind of game the character will appear.
---

User Info: typs_lik_dis

typs_lik_dis
7 years ago#10
- viewers could change the camera angel with the slide pad or dpad

they needed to descride wast ANGEL to use....

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=008.jpg
member of the sam jackson alliance
maybe even the president ^m i rite
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Lots o info from 3ds to pikmin (kinda lots more like tidbits)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived