Nintendo 3DS Hardware & Software FAQ [v2.0]
Nintendo 3DS Price and release date?
Nintendo has stated that the Nintendo 3DS will be released on March 27th, 2011 in US and will release on February 26, 2011 in Japan. The retail price for the US is $249.99. ¥25,000 in Japan as far as I know.
Nintendo 3DS software/games pricing.
I haven't read anything about the software prices yet for NA. I'm sure the price will vary depending on the title. As for Japan I've read that Nintendo has priced the Nintendo 3DS titles/software ranging from 4,800 yen ($57) to 6,090 yen ($73).
What will be included with the 3DS packaging?
-Quick Start Guide
-Nintendo 3DS Operations Manual
-Parental Controls Leaflet
-Nintendo 3DS stylus
-Nintendo 3DS charging cradle
-Nintendo 3DS AC adapter
-SD Memory Card (2 GB)
-Six AR [Augmented Reality ] Cards
What software comes with the 3DS out of the box?
Nintendo has included pre-installed software that will be in every Nintendo 3DS. The software that releases with the 3DS are:
-Nintendo 3DS Camera
-StreetPass Mii Plaza
-Nintendo 3DS Sound
-AR [Augmented Reality] Games
What are the specifications [specs] for the Nintendo 3DS?
- Size: 5.27 in. length, 2.91 in width, 0.82in depth
- Weight: 8.11 oz.
- Top screen is 3.53 in, widescreen and displays stereoscopic images without the need for glasses. 800×240 (400 pixels per eye) resolution.
- Bottom screen/Touch Screen is 3.02 320×240 pixels resolution.
- Camera - One above the top screen facing toward the player for 2D photo and video capture, two on the outside for 3D photo and video capture. 640×480 (0.3 megapixel) resolution each
- Wireless LAN supports WPA/WPA2 security keys and connection to wireless access points. A 2.4Ghz transmitter is included. This allows the 3DS to receive data from the internet while sleeping or automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS handheld.
- Input: D-pad, A/B/X/Y/L/R/start/select buttons, analog slide pad (360 degrees of rotation), touch screen, internal microphone, camera, motion sensor, gyro sensor.
- Other inputs: 3D Volume (a slider that adjusts the 3D effect), home button, wireless switch, power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.
- Connection: Game card slot, SD memory card slot, ac adapter, charging station, headphone jack.
- Sound: stereo speakers on the top screen.
- Stylus: maximum length is 10 centimeters.
- Battery – Lithium ion battery.
- Game card: Nintendo 3DS game cards, which are the same size as DS game cards. These can hold a maximum amount of 2GB of data at launch.
- GPU - DMP Pica200 IP core
Will the Nintendo 3DS be backwards compatible with the original DS/DSi software?
Yes. Thet Nintendo 3DS will be backwards compatible with the NIntendo DS and Nintendo DSi software.