Nintendo 3DS Hardware & Software FAQ [v2.0]

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo 3DS Hardware & Software FAQ [v2.0]

User Info: Guergy

Guergy
1 year ago#161
Hypersomniac posted...
Guergy posted...
How do SD Cards last as I do not want to lose my saves and how can you transfer saves to a new 3ds system?

Make sure to purchase an actual brand name, and not some Chinese knock off and you'll be fine.

Ok. I think my SD card is a Kingston anyway. So I should be fine. Thanks.

User Info: Fizedas

Fizedas
1 year ago#162
idk if this is the right thread to ask.

but i want to know if i have save data on a physical game,i back that save up. i want to know if i can "restore” the save data to a digital copy.
3ds:1848-1701-2271
Don't be a jerk to me and we'll get along fine.

User Info: ToQ7

ToQ7
1 year ago#163
Well, I just asked this on the questions part of the site, but then I remembered there's a forum! So I can delete that if this gives me better luck.

Anyhow! Can you play retail games on more than one 3DS without issue?

For example, if you have a 3DS with your NNID and another 3DS or a 2DS or some reason, can you take retail games you use in the 3DS tied to your NNID and play them normally in an alternative 3DS? Would the features of the games, online or otherwise, be limited at all, even though it would be a retail, physical game? Or does it depend on the game?

I know how it goes with digital, but I haven't seen clarification on physical before.

User Info: _Spectral_

_Spectral_
1 year ago#164
ToQ7 posted...
Well, I just asked this on the questions part of the site, but then I remembered there's a forum! So I can delete that if this gives me better luck.

Anyhow! Can you play retail games on more than one 3DS without issue?

For example, if you have a 3DS with your NNID and another 3DS or a 2DS or some reason, can you take retail games you use in the 3DS tied to your NNID and play them normally in an alternative 3DS? Would the features of the games, online or otherwise, be limited at all, even though it would be a retail, physical game? Or does it depend on the game?

I know how it goes with digital, but I haven't seen clarification on physical before.

You can play physical games on multiple 3ds systems without limitations.

Exceptions:
-online progress may be tied to your NNID, depending on the game (think your Smash Bros rank)
-some games save certain data to the system, such as Streetpass data
-additional DLC is saved to the sd card

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/337/~/do-nintendo-3ds-games-save-to-the-sd-card-%2F-microsd-card-%2F-system-memory%3F

PS you are likely to get quicker/more responses to your question if you make a thread
Enjoy Life :]
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: kagroami253

kagroami253
11 months ago#165
Everything a hacker needs to know is get OOT3D and a powersave and don't update to 11.2 cause 11.2 is a b****
how is my poor little 3DS so stable?
FC: 3540-0480-9180

User Info: GameGoddess32

GameGoddess32
11 months ago#166
I just bought a New Nintendo 3DS,and sometimes when I'm playing the screen will come up like when you hit the power button,and my hand or fingers are NOWHERE near the power button..I've lost some valuable progress in games because of this...has anyone else had this happen?
My unicorn pukes rainbows and gold tokens :D
3DS FC:1418-7565-1801

User Info: ringen

ringen
10 months ago#167
I'm not sure if I should ask her but ahh..

I have two SD cards; an older one 4GB and a new one 32GB which I had to buy to download Fantasy Life bc I ran out of space-

So, the first was has pretty much EVERYTHING (games/apps and save files) and the new one has only the save file for FL.
I need to merge the two into the 32GB but the whole internet tells me it's impossible!! :(
I would format the 32GB one and transfer everything into it but I'd lose the huge progress I made on Fantasy Life, so that's off the table.
Do you have any ideas I could make it possible somehow to have all of the data on one card? my mind is clogged

User Info: OverlordOmega

OverlordOmega
9 months ago#168
I really need help. I raged with the infuriating Smash Bros online lag and slammed my 3ds onto my bed. Now the screen just stays black when I turn it on. Is there a way to fix this without shipping to Nintendo?

User Info: Matt311

Matt311
6 months ago#169
Hey all you 3DS gamers out there,

I have a 3DS/2DS wireless question.

Is it possible to initiate a download with someone over the internet, wirelessly, with one's 2DS/3DS if you and the person you're trying to download with have inserted each others Friend Codes into your systems' Friend Lists?

I have tried this at least twice with a GameFAQs friend and we both couldn't do it. We both could tell the other one was connected to the internet, and playing the game at the same time, but we just couldn't connect to each other in order to do a wireless battle.

If anyone would be so kind as to answer, or share any advice on the matter, if and how it is possible to wirelessy download over the internet, I would be most grateful.

Please respond,
Matt311
Matt311

User Info: Descole

Descole
6 months ago#170
@Matt311 posted...
Hey all you 3DS gamers out there,

I have a 3DS/2DS wireless question.

Is it possible to initiate a download with someone over the internet, wirelessly, with one's 2DS/3DS if you and the person you're trying to download with have inserted each others Friend Codes into your systems' Friend Lists?

I have tried this at least twice with a GameFAQs friend and we both couldn't do it. We both could tell the other one was connected to the internet, and playing the game at the same time, but we just couldn't connect to each other in order to do a wireless battle.

If anyone would be so kind as to answer, or share any advice on the matter, if and how it is possible to wirelessy download over the internet, I would be most grateful.

Please respond,
Matt311

Please explain what you mean by initiate a wireless download, as I do not know what you are referring too. What do you mean by wireless download?
Indeed... My name is Descole. I am an artistic man of science, with rather lofty goals.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo 3DS Hardware & Software FAQ [v2.0]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.