Due to op rainfall am I going to get my JRPGs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Due to op rainfall am I going to get my JRPGs?

User Info: Garp_fist

Garp_fist
6 years ago#51
I'm so glad Layton caught on in the west, that's all I know.
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 105. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*

User Info: Vyers

Vyers
6 years ago#52
VampiricDragon_ posted...
Vyers posted...
Thats the thing though, square perceived dq a risk in the west. And it pretty much was. Layton was also a risk in the states before it blew up

Layton was a huge game in Japan. I see no risk in that.

The risk is the west. Where games of that nature really havent been popular before that

Puzzle games?
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous

User Info: VampiricDragon_

VampiricDragon_
6 years ago#53
Vyers posted...
Vyers posted...
Thats the thing though, square perceived dq a risk in the west. And it pretty much was. Layton was also a risk in the states before it blew up

Layton was a huge game in Japan. I see no risk in that.

The risk is the west. Where games of that nature really havent been popular before that

Puzzle games?

VN/puzzle games. More specifically vn's

Puzzle games like yoshis cookie, tetris, bubble bobble are of a different nature and have been successful.

User Info: Vyers

Vyers
6 years ago#54
THose games aren't what sold to the DS crowd. Games much like Layton are what sold to that crowd (like Brain Age and Big Brain Academy).
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Due to op rainfall am I going to get my JRPGs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived