Any way to stretch the screen when playing DS games so it cover all the screen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any way to stretch the screen when playing DS games so it cover all the screen?

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
5 years ago#1
Or I'll have to deal with the black bars to the side?
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: CompleteGamer7

CompleteGamer7
5 years ago#2
LordFarquad1312 posted...
Or I'll have to deal with the black bars to the side?

Ummm... That's protecting the aspect ratio, so no.

LordFarquad1312
5 years ago#3
I remember in the gba you could change the aspect ratio so I had to ask. Well, thanks anyway.
The force is my ally

User Info: elihuaran

elihuaran
5 years ago#4
The reason why the DS games need to maintain their aspect ratio (not that anyone asked, just felt like pointing it out) is that there are a few DS games in which the two screens act like one giant, long screen. Imagine a picture of a flagpole that spans both screens off to the side on a DS. If you were to change the aspect ratio so that both screens were completely filled, said flagpole would appear to be two different objects, causing disorientation to the viewer.

User Info: pansybadger

pansybadger
5 years ago#5

The reason why the DS games need to maintain their aspect ratio (not that anyone asked, just felt like pointing it out) is that there are a few DS games in which the two screens act like one giant, long screen. Imagine a picture of a flagpole that spans both screens off to the side on a DS. If you were to change the aspect ratio so that both screens were completely filled, said flagpole would appear to be two different objects, causing disorientation to the viewer.

I have never thought about it this way. Now the none aspect ratio changing decision makes a lot more sense!
Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (3DS). Yeah, my home consoles are taking a break : )

LordFarquad1312
5 years ago#6
Well, you know, you could just chose if you want to change the aspect ratio or not. But it's not that bad, once you start playing it you barely notice it =)
The force is my ally

User Info: toma13

toma13
5 years ago#7
Honestly, with the glossy black bezel around the top of the screen anyway it makes those black bars hardly noticeable at all during game play. I think they went with the best available option.
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any way to stretch the screen when playing DS games so it cover all the screen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived