Uing a phone as a hotspot

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Uing a phone as a hotspot

User Info: stonio99

stonio99
6 years ago#1
If you have a phone that can be turned into a WiFi hotspot, will the 3DS recognize it?. Also, any chance it would be able to then stem netflix?
Everyone has to have a taint. It's anatomically required.
~Vork - "The Guild"

User Info: blablablax17

blablablax17
6 years ago#2
i would imagine that it could "stem" netflix

User Info: GastonRabbit

GastonRabbit
6 years ago#3
I've used my phone to download from the eShop, so it can definitely be done, but I'm not sure how well Netflix would work when done this way.

(My phone is a Droid 2 Global, if that matters. The Internet connection was via 3G.)
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't do or teach become politicians.
3DS: 1203-9227-6105 (GastonR)

User Info: Majin Jekku

Majin Jekku
6 years ago#4
I was trying to stream Netflix today with my phone and I kept getting an error screen when using Netflix.
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018&owner=Majin_Jekku&mode=vown

User Info: Milk_Core

Milk_Core
6 years ago#5
I have an android phone, and since I've been stationed at this new AF base, I havent had the chance to get internet yet.

So Ive been using my phone to play my 3DS games on, and yes it does work, just get a good signal on your phone...

User Info: stonio99

stonio99
6 years ago#6
I just realized how many typing errors I have in my post, including the topic title. I should learn to use my phone for typing before I worry about hot spotting...
Everyone has to have a taint. It's anatomically required.
~Vork - "The Guild"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Uing a phone as a hotspot

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived