3DS still being outsold by PSP and DS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS still being outsold by PSP and DS

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
6 years ago#1
http://www.vgchartz.com/

Looks like this system is not off to a good start. People are buying the PSP/DS over the 3DS. Sales are slow. Mega Man just got cancelled. Most of the "exciting" games are ports/remakes.

Is Nintendo in trouble with the 3DS?

User Info: panama_chief

panama_chief
6 years ago#2
No one will know until after the holidays.
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: Nightgazer

Nightgazer
6 years ago#3
Let's see if the holiday releases change anything. If not, then yeah, there might be an issue.
Okay, I'm done now. It's just not funny anymore.

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
6 years ago#4
Considering the PSP and DS are much cheaper and have extensive libraries, I'm not surprised.
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93

User Info: EtoRanger

EtoRanger
6 years ago#5
All three of them are outselling my Eto Brand Jelly Filled Doughnuts.

And I am not in trouble.

I make trouble get in trouble with jelly filled goodness!
Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger!
Pokemon Black FC 4556-0457-6896

User Info: Alias_Nemesis

Alias_Nemesis
6 years ago#6
MyDogSkip posted...
Considering the PSP and DS are much cheaper and have extensive libraries, I'm not surprised.

THIS.
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : Ocarina of time (3DS), inFAMOUS 2 & 999 (DS)]
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6504/samuelljaws.gif

User Info: BreathofFire3

BreathofFire3
6 years ago#7
Of course it's introuble, people arent being fooled by Nintendo this time around. This system is not next gen by any means, its just a slightly better PSP (tho no game so far looks close to KHBBS or FF Dissidia) with a 3D gimmic that barely works. Nintendo got cocky like Sony did with the PS3 and grossly overpriced their system expecting their fans were just sheep who will buy anything that has a Mario on it in the near future
"If FFXIII goes to the 360 i will sell my PS3 and my respect for sony would be zero for letting go of such a major game." -TheKonspiracy

User Info: Kaerose

Kaerose
6 years ago#8
Alias_nemesis posted...
MyDogSkip posted...

THIS.

+1

User Info: LuffypwnsNaruto

LuffypwnsNaruto
6 years ago#9
thundercat2600 posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com

Vgchartz is not reliable.

Is Nintendo in trouble with the 3DS?

No, Nintendogs selling 2 million and Street Fighter selling 1 million as well as the possibility of OoT having high sales figures says otherwise. The number of 3DS owners will augment over the Holiday season.
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8204-2408
PRIMARY RULE: GOD HAND > YOU

User Info: SShredder565

SShredder565
6 years ago#10
BreathofFire3 posted...
Of course it's introuble, people arent being fooled by Nintendo this time around. This system is not next gen by any means, its just a slightly better PSP (tho no game so far looks close to KHBBS or FF Dissidia) with a 3D gimmic that barely works. Nintendo got cocky like Sony did with the PS3 and grossly overpriced their system expecting their fans were just sheep who will buy anything that has a Mario on it in the near future

Let the flamewar commence!

Saying no games so far look close to KHBBS or FF Dissidia is a lie.

Besides, this is a successor to the DS, not the PSP. The jump from the DS to the 3DS IS a next gen jump. Way bigger than GC to Wii for sure, so I'm glad Nintendo is getting back on track with "next gen" ness.

I agree they did get cocky though.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS still being outsold by PSP and DS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived