Question on downloading games in public hotspots

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question on downloading games in public hotspots

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
6 years ago#1
Apparently my Nintendo Wifi Connector is dead/won't work with my laptop so I can't use it to hop on Wifi in the comfort of my home anymore.

I have the option of going wired with my Wii/360, or looking for a wireless router for all three. Needless to say, I rather go wired for the 2.

Can you go online at public places like Mc Donalds/Starbucks and buy games/add points/update your DS/3DS from there?
Currently playing: Animal Crossing GC, Mr Driller: DtyD(Dsi store), Sonic Mega Collection, Atari Vol 2(DS)

User Info: gsdarkdawn

gsdarkdawn
6 years ago#2
You could go get on a library's WiFi.
3DS games save to SD petition http://PetitionOnline.com/3DSsavSD/petition.html
Megaman Legends 3(3DS) Petition: http://petitiononline.com/mml3bck/petition.html

User Info: Korlithiel

Korlithiel
6 years ago#3
Yes, I've helped a friend update his 3DS while at the mall and have helped another update and download some things while hanging out at McDonald's.
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
6 years ago#4
It depends on the MCD's in general. The one I went to due to my terrible internet didn't work well. (Luckily my slow internet finally worked.)

Been a while TC. :)
The day MML3 died was the day my faith and defense of Capcom's antics died.

User Info: ElevenOhNoes

ElevenOhNoes
6 years ago#5
You say you're on a laptop, google Connectify. I don't have a wireless router, and I dunno where my Nintendo wifi thing is any more.

If the components in your laptop are compatible you can create your own hotspot. Works really well for me. :) But I think it's only compatible with WPA so it's not gonna work with any handheld but the 3DS.
Xbox Live: Night Ranma .....................................PSN: nightranma
3DS: 5455-9525-0021
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question on downloading games in public hotspots

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived