Should Nintendo start working on the next portable console already?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Should Nintendo start working on the next portable console already?

User Info: LordAndrew

LordAndrew
5 years ago#21
Don't worry, the Game Boy will be back next year. The 3DS is just the third pillar.
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
(message deleted)

User Info: elheber

elheber
5 years ago#23
After the 3DS line ends, I want the return of the GameBoy line. A single, widescreen 3D hybrid touchscreen (capacitive and pressure sensitive resistive).

if they can aquire technology that lets you "feel and click" virtual on-screen buttons, I wouldn't mind if the whole front face of the unit was an edge to edge screen.

Of course this is after the 3DS line so I'm talking about 4-7 years down the line depending on what technologies emerge that intrest Ninty.
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
5 years ago#24
teh1337gosu posted...
GBASP

Seriously though if you don't like 2 screens, a touch screen or 3D, the hell do you have a 3DS for?

To, i don't know... play 3DS games?
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
5 years ago#25
After the 3DS line ends, I want the return of the GameBoy line. A single, widescreen 3D hybrid touchscreen (capacitive and pressure sensitive resistive).

if they can aquire technology that lets you "feel and click" virtual on-screen buttons, I wouldn't mind if the whole front face of the unit was an edge to edge screen.

Neither of those two types of screens exist and they're rather silly ideas. A screen can only either by resistive or capacitive and you need some type of physical controls.
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!

elheber
5 years ago#26
Oh, I just remembered. I want something I can easily put in my pocket. A tough little bugger like the Micro, except of course more modern.

I wonder if a Micro sized handheld with an edge-to-edge high dpi capacitive touchscreen with the action buttons on the back and top of the unit would feel comfortable. If not, then I guess the screen sliding up to reveal the action buttons would be the next best solution.

elheber
5 years ago#27
strongo9 posted...
Neither of those two types of screens exist and they're rather silly ideas. A screen can only either by resistive or capacitive and you need some type of physical controls.

Hybrid capacitive-resistive touchscreens exist. I'll get you a link as soon as I get home. The other screen tech of course does not exist, but to be fair I'm talking about the next line 4-7 years from now. So sci-fi should be acceptable.

As for silly, thats subjective.

EDIT: I'm home now. Here's some linkage for you strongo.
http://www.slashgear.com/rim-develop-hybrid-capacitiveresistive-touchscreen-0551295/
http://pocketnow.com/smartphone-news/hybrid-capacitive-and-resistive-touchscreen-brings-best-of-both

User Info: FunkyKong84

FunkyKong84
5 years ago#28
@BlackPhoenix: 3D is not just graphical enhancement. It's an optional gimmick. I can still see pixels in Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart 3DS, so I say first things first. And of course Vita much better graphics than the 3DS. (I ain't gonna buy Vita don't worry, I don't like Sony's games).
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Should Nintendo start working on the next portable console already?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived