Very smart move by nintendo

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Very smart move by nintendo

User Info: trenken

trenken
6 years ago#1
They knew if they kept this at $250 it would end up going the route of the virtual boy. Not enough people would have ever spent that kind of money for a system that looks just like the DS they already own, even during the holidays. But they also knew that a major price drop would burn those of us that did spend $250 pretty bad.

So to make up for it they are giving away 20 free games. That's surprisingly a good compensation. Of course they didnt have to do anything at all because its just the price you pay for being an early adopter, but this is a pretty serious price drop. Maybe the biggest ive ever seen.

Only thing Im hoping for is they deliver all of these games on time. I could easily see this whole free game thing changing or not being delivered when expected. Hard to complain though, this was a nice move on their part to their loyal customers.
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256

User Info: mcsmellington

mcsmellington
6 years ago#2
I agree, it's good business practise to reward the early adopters who won't be taking advantage of the price cut. It's quite a big drop in price though, never expected that. I definitely agree that without it though, the console looked like it could head for trouble.
GT: McPoo
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Very smart move by nintendo

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived