With the price drop, the scene is set for a new hardware revision.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. With the price drop, the scene is set for a new hardware revision.

User Info: Pokeclipse

Pokeclipse
5 years ago#1
With the leeway granted by the huge price decrease on the current model, they could easily have the new SKU at around $200.

Time-wise, I'd expect it around summer of next year with the initial announcement coming shortly after the new year.

If not a new 3DS model, then at the very least alternate colors/bundle packs.
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.

User Info: Korlithiel

Korlithiel
5 years ago#2
I've got to admit, I expect the Flare Red to hit this holiday season in the USA now. Beyond that I'm unsure, but due to the battery life I'm not sure I would say no to upgrading my current 3DS into a newer model.
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.

User Info: Romanticide

Romanticide
5 years ago#3
If they add 2 analog sticks I'll pick one up.
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast

User Info: StarlightDrive

StarlightDrive
5 years ago#4
Romanticide posted...

Rofl.

With the price drop, Nintendo is now taking a small loss for each unit sold. I believe they would have to first turn a profit again before even considering a revision, or they'll lose even more revenue.

User Info: Pokeclipse

Pokeclipse
5 years ago#5
StarlightDrive posted...
Romanticide posted...

Rofl.

With the price drop, Nintendo is now taking a small loss for each unit sold. I believe they would have to first turn a profit again before even considering a revision, or they'll lose even more revenue.

Well, what better way to turn a profit than to offer a full-price "deluxe" 3DS with a bigger screen, better battery, etc? They could probably get away with $220.
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. With the price drop, the scene is set for a new hardware revision.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived