If a mario game was at launch do u think this even would have happened

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If a mario game was at launch do u think this even would have happened

User Info: ZatchBell

ZatchBell
5 years ago#1
i personally think the 3ds would have had no issue
Sega Fan for Life

User Info: MrFwibbles

MrFwibbles
5 years ago#2
If it was a good Mario game, then yeah, I think the system would have had a much better start.
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming has ruined the video game industry.

User Info: Edouard_keroo

Edouard_keroo
5 years ago#3
Any nintendo "core tittle" would have been suitable like kid icarus or smash bros.
Nintendo has counted way too much on third party support anyway.
Wario DIY : 0217 4634 3829 | MarioVSDK3 : 4641 7961 2314
Goldeneye : 5056 35161677

User Info: djruden

djruden
5 years ago#4
With the early hype and excitement for Kid Icarus, Nintendo should have had the game ready at launch.

User Info: Soccer009

Soccer009
5 years ago#5
i really don't think this price drop is soley based on the 3DS poor start i think its a brilliant marketing strategy by Nintendo lowering the price before the Vita comes out to lure buyers that are on the fence to the 3DS

User Info: Edouard_keroo

Edouard_keroo
5 years ago#6
Soccer009 posted...
i really don't think this price drop is soley based on the 3DS poor start i think its a brilliant marketing strategy by Nintendo lowering the price before the Vita comes out to lure buyers that are on the fence to the 3DS

Not at all :

- Stock dropped;
- Everyone insecure : delays, cancellations;
- They now loose money on each sold unit, which is a first in nintendo life;

I don't get the strategy...
Wario DIY : 0217 4634 3829 | MarioVSDK3 : 4641 7961 2314
Goldeneye : 5056 35161677

User Info: AP3Brain

AP3Brain
5 years ago#7
Whether you believe it or not gamers that actually care about Mario are a minority for Nintendo's audience. Just look at the sales of Galaxy... Now if you are talking about a Mario party type game like Mario Kart then maybe.

But I suppose if more good games were there at start it would have done better with their old audience.

User Info: Soccer009

Soccer009
5 years ago#8
Edouard_keroo posted...
Soccer009 posted...

Not at all :

- Stock dropped;
- Everyone insecure : delays, cancellations;
- They now loose money on each sold unit, which is a first in nintendo life;

I don't get the strategy...

they're going to regain the money because the buyers on the fence will be like well i can save 80 bucks and use that to buy games...and they aren't losing money on each sold unit 101 for the materials probably 30-40 for everything else making it in bulk they will probably sell it to the company for 150 so they still get a profit just not as big (150 came from the fact they sell it to companies for 230 now so minus 20)

User Info: PhantomSword

PhantomSword
5 years ago#9
AP3Brain posted...
Whether you believe it or not gamers that actually care about Mario are a minority for Nintendo's audience. Just look at the sales of Galaxy... Now if you are talking about a Mario party type game like Mario Kart then maybe.

But I suppose if more good games were there at start it would have done better with their old audience.

Galaxy is over 8 million, Galaxy 2 is over 6 million.

Yeah, Mario Kart Wii is at, like, 28 million.
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.

User Info: hatemakingnames

hatemakingnames
5 years ago#10
Mario wouldn't have made much of a difference.

If the launch was during the holiday season, it would have.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If a mario game was at launch do u think this even would have happened

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived