Nyko Power Pak+

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nyko Power Pak+

User Info: 4-Legged-Shark

4-Legged-Shark
6 years ago#1

http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Base-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B004SJFJUA/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1312101639&sr=1-3

this thing is awesome. i hated the battery life on the 3DS but now i have an 8 hour battery and im not compaining at all. it adds a little bit of bulk to your system and you'll want to hold on to your original battery cover for the serial number, but the additional bulk comes with grips and i honestly like the new look and feel of the 3DS with this power pack installed better than the original. I cannot recommend this product enough, im sure it has already been talked about on these forums but after having owned it for 2 months I felt i should spread the word.

User Info: Slaysme

Slaysme
6 years ago#2
Seconded.
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.

User Info: paulink

paulink
6 years ago#3
I don't think i'll ever be comfortable with third party batteries inside my handhelds. Not to mention there's a streetpass glitch where you can't meet people you've already met up with.
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN

User Info: ElevenOhNoes

ElevenOhNoes
6 years ago#4
Good to know. I ordered one off ebay the other day. It can't get here soon enough. :)
Xbox Live: Night Ranma .....................................PSN: nightranma
3DS: 5455-9525-0021

User Info: 4-Legged-Shark

4-Legged-Shark
6 years ago#5

paulink posted...
I don't think i'll ever be comfortable with third party batteries inside my handhelds. Not to mention there's a streetpass glitch where you can't meet people you've already met up with.
---

i have heard similar stories but i have had no such experiences in my 2 months of owning this product- and I have many friends with 3ds's, one of which also has this battery pack, and i street pass them all frequently with no issues.

User Info: paulink

paulink
6 years ago#6
4-Legged-Shark posted...

i have heard similar stories but i have had no such experiences in my 2 months of owning this product- and I have many friends with 3ds's, one of which also has this battery pack, and i street pass them all frequently with no issues.

Hm, then I guess they fixed it with an update? Ah, well I prefer using an external battery pack, with a usb power cable. Does the same job and holds much more, for a better price.

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
6 years ago#7
I still say portable chargers are better. 700yen (~$9USD) for 2 full recharges.

Works with my phone/psp as well.

or 1800yen (~$20USD) for a solar powered usb charger.
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)

User Info: YAMI_ANUBIS_X

YAMI_ANUBIS_X
6 years ago#8
Theres a new Nyko thing coming out in september and it has 3X the battery life of the 3DS with 4 speakers and rumble feature aswell, its also a case with a grip, basically all in one case.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Shock+n+Rock
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX

User Info: TOMdMAK

TOMdMAK
6 years ago#9
YAMI_ANUBIS_X posted...
Theres a new Nyko thing coming out in september and it has 3X the battery life of the 3DS with 4 speakers and rumble feature aswell, its also a case with a grip, basically all in one case.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Shock+n+Rock

While they are at it why don't they throw in a tv?
Now Playing: Star Fox Commands, Wii Play Motion, ridge racer 3d
Just Finished: Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
6 years ago#10
PokeMaster posted...
I still say portable chargers are better. 700yen (~$9USD) for 2 full recharges.

Works with my phone/psp as well.

or 1800yen (~$20USD) for a solar powered usb charger.

Can you link me to one? That might be useful.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nyko Power Pak+

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived