Nintendos price drop causing 3ds to start selling out because of loophole

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendos price drop causing 3ds to start selling out because of loophole

User Info: 1shadetail1

1shadetail1
6 years ago#11
If they're really out of stock, then I would guess that retailers are waiting until after the price drop to restock. They don't want to buy them pre-price-drop only to lose money on an after-price-drop sale.
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.

User Info: nintendogger

nintendogger
6 years ago#12
I hope the stores near me have it in stock. I have like 5 different stores I can try. lol I was planning on driving out on the 12th and making my purchase.
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.

User Info: kickyourass2112

kickyourass2112
6 years ago#13
According to Best Buy's website, there is only one store between the entire state of South Carolina and lower North Carolina that is out of them.

I will be going to the nearest one in a couple days to take advantage of the 'loophole' (official Best Buy price guarantee policy) and expect to see a lot of them there when I pick mine up.
"I am too cool for the Second Grade!" -LJU

User Info: blm03v

blm03v
6 years ago#14
Went to a bestbuy here in Canada today. Was on sale for $200 and had plenty left in stock.

User Info: bigdaddywalnut

bigdaddywalnut
6 years ago#15
I work at a gamestop we have plenty i think just people around here just have no interest in the 3ds. Its sad I don't really like Nintendo but I love my 3ds.
"yeah at theater I went to a kid came out of the theater crying said why rambo explode the mens." -ExNeodeath-

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
6 years ago#16
Does GameStop even have a price matching policy?

Probably not the best barometer to use in a case like this.

Anyway, there were a bunch at my Best Buy (selling for $200, sick!) when I went there last week for mine. Dunno about now, but as word gets around about this "promotion"- I know I've told all my friends about it- I think sales will pick up.
---
~Uiru

User Info: Omega_Black

Omega_Black
6 years ago#17
I went to my local Wallyworld earlier today.

Shelf was jam-packed with the things.
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendos price drop causing 3ds to start selling out because of loophole

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived