Really torn about getting a 3DS now or later

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Really torn about getting a 3DS now or later

User Info: Jakran

6 years ago#1
After hearing the recent news about the 3DS price drop and the Ambassador Program, I'm trying to decide whether to wait and get one at a cheaper price or to get one before Aug 12th and get in on the program. There aren't any 3DS games I want out right now and $250 isn't chump change (waiting for the better games this holiday), but some of those GBA and NES titles are pretty tempting (never played Yoshi's Island or WarioWare MM, but heard they were excellent. SMB 3 is great!).

Is it better to wait for the price drop and better games or get one now and get in on the Ambassador thing?

User Info: kingchaos_24245

6 years ago#2
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking of ordering one today with Zelda and Street Fighter but then I could wait and get a few more games. I'm really torn. I like the ambassador games they've mentioned thus far, but still.....
Go Braves!! Go 'Skins!!!
Gamertag: Vabrave

User Info: Soccer009

6 years ago#3
well look at the games coming out if you would buy 8 or more out of the 10 already announced id say it buy it now if only 2 or 3 interest you just wait for the price drop and buy them when they come out for 10-15 dollars total

User Info: logans_run_82

6 years ago#4
Well, you can pay 80 bucks extra now and get those games for free, or you can pay 170 bucks and spend 80$ worth on downloads anyway.

I think if you pay 80$ worth of downloads, you might avoid taxes. I've never had to pay taxes on PSN or XBLA, or VC cards if I buy them at target. (However, Wall-mart taxed me for a VC card once, because they're horrible.) So..I guess get it for 170$ That's what I'm gonna do.
This would sharpen you up, and get you ready for a little of the old... ultra violence.

User Info: fallenKlNG

6 years ago#5
If you wanna take the risk, you can try that "loophole" everyone is raging about (but let's not derail this topic with arguments about that).

Personally, I would wait for the price drop. Some of the games will be exclusive, but it's not worth the extra cash imo. As for the other games, I would just buy them when they come out.
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Really torn about getting a 3DS now or later

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived