Getting a 3DS the day the price drop takes effect. What games should I get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Getting a 3DS the day the price drop takes effect. What games should I get?

User Info: Acended

Acended
5 years ago#1
I've been wanting a 3DS for some time now, and the price drop has sealed the deal. I've had the chance to play a bit of Steel Diver and DOA: Dimensions at Best Buy (Didn't spend much time on SD, but I did beat Arcade mode on DOA: Dimensions). I'm impressed with the 3D effect, and I thought that DOA: Dimensions was a solid game (Haven't played a DOA game before), but here's what I've been thinking about getting:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D *Will buy*

The rest I'm undecided on:
Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions
Steel Diver
Dead or Alive Dimensions
NIntendogs + Cats (My sister will most likely get this)

I'm mostly leaning towards Pac-Man and Galaga, but I want to try Steel Diver because it's new. I am a fighting game fan, but I don't think a handheld fighter will last long. Any suggestions?
My Top Ten (and more!) Games List: http://www.unikgamer.com/users/ascended-766.html

User Info: Spiffy247

Spiffy247
5 years ago#2
Samurai Warriors Chronicles is my favorite non-Zelda 3DS game. look at some reviews.
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.

User Info: nintendogger

nintendogger
5 years ago#3
Nintendogs and Ocarina. It's what I have.
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.

User Info: MINJI20

MINJI20
5 years ago#4
Hmm...I heard Steel Driver is rather short. I think OoT could keep you busy for a while, but if you really want a game, I think Samurai Warriors Chronicles or DOA would work. By the way, I think your sister would really enjoy Nintendogs.

User Info: SonicRecords

SonicRecords
5 years ago#5
Though I don't have a 3DS yet, these games look good excluding Zelda.

Steel Diver
DOA: Dimensions
Super Street Fighter IV
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Starfox 64 3D
Super Smash Bros. 3D
Animal Crossing 3D

I'll only get Starfox if we can save. We couldn't on the original. I know SSB won't be released for awhile, but it's SSB. And no big deal if you're not an AC fan. It's not everyone's game.
Goldeneye 007 FC: Level 45 156714564753 - [DS]Ghirahim
I finally have my Strata SV400. PM me on GameFAQs if you want to add me.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Getting a 3DS the day the price drop takes effect. What games should I get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived