Does anyone have an actual link that shows Best Buy's policy about price drops?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does anyone have an actual link that shows Best Buy's policy about price drops?

User Info: ZiggiStardust

ZiggiStardust
5 years ago#1
I've seen some blog postings, but none of them actually detail the 30-day price-drop policy everyone is talking about. I've tried to search for it myself but haven't found it.

I know I'm being paranoid, I'd just kinda like to read it before doing it, y'know?
I have very petite feet. Some people tell me that they're not sure if it's a man or a woman coming down the hall. I've been told I have a very feminine step.

ZiggiStardust
5 years ago#2
Aaaaaand this is what worries me...
I have very petite feet. Some people tell me that they're not sure if it's a man or a woman coming down the hall. I've been told I have a very feminine step.

User Info: Cranman1982

Cranman1982
5 years ago#3
most stores only match for 7 days. not a month. the return policy is a month. not a price match

Cranman1982
5 years ago#4
even then now that i think about it. the return for hardware i think is only 14 days. and once again; that's the return policy, not the price match policy.

So sure you could return the hardware, but they aren't going to resell it to you at a cheaper price, they'll make you go get a new system. Then you still won't have access to the twenty free games because they are tied to the system you logged on with.

I don't know why everyone thinks they will get some loophole. They are confusing the return policy with a price match policy. its apples to oranges.

ZiggiStardust
5 years ago#5
Okay, a price match policy, return policy, whatever. The policy everyone is planning to use when they get their money back on the 12th. I still have yet to see a link outlining the actual policy.

Cranman1982
5 years ago#6
trust me ziggi. they are going to get burned. just wait for the price drop and get one then. everyone thinking they will "beat" the system will be in for a rude awakening. I don't care what they do one way or another, but i've already outlined why its not going to work
(message deleted)

User Info: toma13

toma13
5 years ago#8
Here's Future Shop's price guarantee. This is the same company as Best Buy in Canada.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/our-retail-store-policies/hc8077.aspx?path=1bb4ba90ece58d72b4b62762e477d227en06?HelpCategoryId=&HelpTitleId=HC8077&ReferringPageTitle=Help%20Search%20Results%20-%20Future%20Shop

Scroll down about half way:

If our own price is reduced in the last 30 days*:

Present us with a copy of our original invoice.
We will refund you the difference between the purchase price and the current price.

I know it works as I have personally done it before when a TV I bought went on sale.
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt

ZiggiStardust
5 years ago#9
AWESOME! Thank you, kyomagi! I'm getting my shiny new 3DS after work today! SUCCESS!

User Info: joshmck12

joshmck12
5 years ago#10
i work at best buy. the price match/return policy on a 3ds is 30 days. if they wont price match it for whatever reason make a scene and/or return it and rebuy
i miss being joshmck12
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does anyone have an actual link that shows Best Buy's policy about price drops?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived