control pad issue

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. control pad issue

User Info: Connor099

Connor099
6 years ago#1
http://kotaku.com/5828584/more-nintendo-3ds-dpad-woes

this is basically will happen to my control pad. i bought the 3ds on launch and i play it regularly, but i noticed cracks that were appearing alongside the ends of the (+ shape) of the control pad. they are just cracks now and have not started to flake yet. now, i realize that this is not affecting a large portion of users but is it possible that nintendo will recall the affected systems? should i contact and alert them?

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
6 years ago#2
Connor099 posted...
http://kotaku.com/5828584/more-nintendo-3ds-dpad-woes

this is basically will happen to my control pad. i bought the 3ds on launch and i play it regularly, but i noticed cracks that were appearing alongside the ends of the (+ shape) of the control pad. they are just cracks now and have not started to flake yet. now, i realize that this is not affecting a large portion of users but is it possible that nintendo will recall the affected systems? should i contact and alert them?

how many hours have you spent playing it?
If you believe in JESUS and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig. 3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers

User Info: The_Bones

The_Bones
6 years ago#3
My d-pad is still fine and I've had it since launch. Maybe its only the aqua blue color that has this issue.

User Info: StarlightDrive

StarlightDrive
6 years ago#4
It's not a big enough issue to warrant a recall, nor is it affecting millions an millions of users. They have something about paint chipping and flaking in the warranty on their site.

User Info: Connor099

Connor099
6 years ago#5
i do have the aqua blue 3ds and i probably have played around 100 hours. i think i'm just going to send it in to nintendo.

User Info: coldwine

coldwine
6 years ago#6
Are those buttons always painted? My red DS XL pad looks like plastic, but it has me wondering...
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. control pad issue

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived