I really want Pokemon Gen 6 to be announced

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I really want Pokemon Gen 6 to be announced

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
5 years ago#31

Except for, you know, Pokemon main games look much better in 2D. That's plenty reason enough.

This. I see no need of 3D models when they generally look like trash on handhelds.
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
5 years ago#32
JRPGs are looking to be scarce on 3DS too, so that's all the more reason to release Pokemon Gen 6 early
Pokémon is not an interactive movie, it is not a jRPG, it is a strategy/breeding game with RPG elements that are largely ignored in competitive play

lol agreed. Every time I mention how bad this gen's pkmn look, people here tell me I'm being a nostalgia freak.
you too, huh?

it's hillarious, because I actually spend just as much time pointing out how uninspired the First Generation pokémon were (Poliwhirl evolves..... and just gets angry? that's it?) as I do the Fifth Generation abominations
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
5 years ago#33
LightHawKnight posted...
Except for, you know, Pokemon main games look much better in 2D. That's plenty reason enough.
This. I see no need of 3D models when they generally look like trash on handhelds.

Ah, opinions. I think the Pokedex 3D looks perfectly fine; a fully 3D Pokemon game would probably use those models.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Discomaster

Discomaster
5 years ago#34
I hate to be the one to sound cynical... I've been playing Pokemon since 1999 and every new generation (and remake) I have played and beaten... But do we really need any more new monsters? Catching 'em all went from short-term fun to a completed game, then epic, then super epic, and now teetering on excessive.

I'll attempt to curb my cynicism by offering this (hopeful) possibility... Instead of new 3DS games adding a relatively small new area and 100+ more monsters to catch, how about limiting it to a small handful of new iterations, like around 25-30, and then interconnecting all of the worlds? Even better... Instead of having a color A/color B where both games are essentially the same with minor differences, have 4-5 different games each set in the already existing worlds so that all games have widely different monster varieties, making trading a lot more interactive locally and online. That, and make a full-on stadium that players of all games can fly to and interact in.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I really want Pokemon Gen 6 to be announced

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived