cant save on links awakening help please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. cant save on links awakening help please

User Info: Vegito15243

Vegito15243
5 years ago#21
LordAndrew posted...
Restore points are disabled by default in Link's Awakening and other games that support battery saves. It's disabled because accidentally loading a restore point will cause the battery save to revert to that older state, potentially losing a lot of progress. Check the manual for explanation as well as instructions on how to re-enable it.

actually, iirc, the 3DS doesn't delete the save state once loaded, so you can keep reloading that same save state over and over again.

Unless there was a software update that changed that, then disregard this post.
Gamertag: Vegito15243.
3DS Friend Code: (Vegito) 0688 -5253-6669

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
5 years ago#22
BlueEyes15243 posted...
LordAndrew posted...
Restore points are disabled by default in Link's Awakening and other games that support battery saves. It's disabled because accidentally loading a restore point will cause the battery save to revert to that older state, potentially losing a lot of progress. Check the manual for explanation as well as instructions on how to re-enable it.

actually, iirc, the 3DS doesn't delete the save state once loaded, so you can keep reloading that same save state over and over again.

Unless there was a software update that changed that, then disregard this post.

He doesn't say that the savestate is deleted, he said that the battery save (ie; normal game save) gets reverted to where it was when the savestate is loaded. Potentially losing progress.
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2

User Info: Foofyhead

Foofyhead
5 years ago#23
LordAndrew posted...
Why did you insert your response into the quote? I couldn't find it at first.

The manual explains the dangers of using restore points in games that already have a save system. Those dangers are why restore points are disabled by default in such games. Get it now?

Posting error, I guess.

And no, I still don't see the issue with save states.
It's unanimous: Pyschonauts is an incredible game!

User Info: LordAndrew

LordAndrew
5 years ago#24
Foofyhead posted...
And no, I still don't see the issue with save states.

Reenable it then. The manual also tells you how.
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box

User Info: Foofyhead

Foofyhead
5 years ago#25
I never disabled it.

I played through the entire game, and saw no issues....
It's unanimous: Pyschonauts is an incredible game!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. cant save on links awakening help please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived