So, has any use been found for the charging dock yet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So, has any use been found for the charging dock yet?

User Info: MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV
5 years ago#1
I know it's not a significant portion of the cost, but if it's as worthless as it seems, they could cut their losses by removing the charging docks from future shipments. I see no decrease in charge time when using the dock as opposed to just plugging the cord in.

Less cost to manufacture, less costs to ship... Even if it's only a nickle they're saving a nickle each on over 4 million units is still quite a sum of money.
Dynasty Warriors 5 w/Xtreme Legends Progress:
Lv20 common items: 7/10 Rare items: 29/29 Final Weapons: 32/48

User Info: monskey

monskey
5 years ago#2
I use it.

All. The. Time.

I just find it easier to place it ont he dock then to fiddle around for a cord to insert into the 3DS.

Only time I don't use it is when I plan on having long sessions with the 3D on.
3DS FC: 1848-1772-7953
There is a 9/10 chance that this post speaks truth.

User Info: SF_Baha

SF_Baha
5 years ago#3
None whatsoever. People will try to tell you it's a godsend, I'm sure, because the convenience of carefully setting something down in a fixed position is worth much more than setting something down without thinking and just pushing a piece of metal into it, but people also eat bugs.

User Info: niels200683

niels200683
5 years ago#4
It is to increase ease of use & decrease wear & tear on the connection port & cable plug.

I prefer playing with the cord on when I want to keep playing while chargin, but most of the time I come home and just plop it on the charger - it's easier than searching for the adapter, plugging it in, pluggin the plug in the 3DS etc.

This way, it is also always in the same location when I leave for work in the morning - causing me to never forget it like I did with my DS lite (not seeing it lying on the couch - and assuming it should be in my coats inner pocket)
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.

User Info: Freakwave003

Freakwave003
5 years ago#5
Lol, I just realized you didn't need the charging dock to charge the 3DS. I thought since it came with it you had to use it, but I just realized you can just put the cord directly into the 3DS.

User Info: Nyyark

Nyyark
5 years ago#6
It's useful to me as I loose my powercords in the hidden cord jungle that comes from trying not to electrocute my toddler.

User Info: VobeDarkElf

VobeDarkElf
5 years ago#7
Firstly, I like it and use it. I am much more likely to keep my 3DS charged. I wish my iPhone had a quick drop-in charging dock like that. I have a bad habbit of forgetting to charge my phone.

Secondly, just how much money do you think nintendo will save by excluding the charging dock? It's plastic with a tinny bit of metal in it. Seriously, an accessory like this probably only cost them pennies to manufacture.

User Info: d0wner

d0wner
5 years ago#8
I use it to charge my system.
shoot the core.

User Info: OmegaZero633

OmegaZero633
5 years ago#9
Yes, I've found a use:
to charge my 3DS.
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)

User Info: Rainmaker59

Rainmaker59
5 years ago#10
I have two powercords, one from my DSi. I leave one hooked to the charging station for where I place my 3DS when it's not in use. The other I use for recharging the 3DS while playing since I find holding the cradle while playing awkward and bulky. Instead of leaving out the charging cradle, I think they should have included a second powercord.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.
~ John Lennon
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So, has any use been found for the charging dock yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived