Where can i find a cheap jpn 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Where can i find a cheap jpn 3ds?

User Info: baconcow1812

baconcow1812
5 years ago#11
In Japan. They are only 15,000 yen now.
"the hell!?"

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
5 years ago#12
Kenta_PKMN posted...
I dont mean like super cheap
i'd be willing to put 200 bux on it, but i dont like the fact most sites charge almost 20-30 tax and 20 bux shipping like play-asia for example

Play-Asia doesn't charge tax. Or at least they haven't on any of the $3500 worth of stuff I've bought from them over the past 5 years. :/
And IMO their shipping prices are made up for with their fast delivery. I'm in SoCal and I got my Japanese 3DS from them on February 27th and the system's release date was the 26th. :D
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
5 years ago#13
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Kenta_PKMN posted...
I dont mean like super cheap
i'd be willing to put 200 bux on it, but i dont like the fact most sites charge almost 20-30 tax and 20 bux shipping like play-asia for example

Play-Asia doesn't charge tax. Or at least they haven't on any of the $3500 worth of stuff I've bought from them over the past 5 years. :/
And IMO their shipping prices are made up for with their fast delivery. I'm in SoCal and I got my Japanese 3DS from them on February 27th and the system's release date was the 26th. :D

Weren't they charging like $500 when the 3DS came out.

Which is why I just went to the store instead.
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2

SkittyOnWailord
5 years ago#14
PokeMaster posted...
Weren't they charging like $500 when the 3DS came out.

Which is why I just went to the store instead.

Yep. And so was everyone on ebay at that time too. :/

User Info: scigeek101

scigeek101
5 years ago#15
PokeMaster posted...
Why not try amazon japan / rakuten / yahoo auction jpn or ebay?

Maybe because Amazon Japan and Yahoo Japan won't ship Japanese systems outside Japan? :/

There are companies in Japan that let you rent a PO box there and then they will send your stuff to a foreign address. That way you are able to order stuff from Amazon as you will have a Japanese address. I am not sure if this would be the cheapest way though.
Now that Bin Laden is dead let's go after Krazy Kim.

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
5 years ago#16
scigeek101 posted...
PokeMaster posted...
Why not try amazon japan / rakuten / yahoo auction jpn or ebay?

Maybe because Amazon Japan and Yahoo Japan won't ship Japanese systems outside Japan? :/

There are companies in Japan that let you rent a PO box there and then they will send your stuff to a foreign address. That way you are able to order stuff from Amazon as you will have a Japanese address. I am not sure if this would be the cheapest way though.

You don't need a Japanese address to order from Amazon afaik.

But I've got one anyway [jpn address] so maybe I am remembering wrong.
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2

SkittyOnWailord
5 years ago#17
scigeek101 posted...

I've head that works too. I might end up doing that some day.

PokeMaster posted...
You don't need a Japanese address to order from Amazon afaik.

But I've got one anyway [jpn address] so maybe I am remembering wrong.

There are certain items that they won't ship outside Japan. Those usually include video games/systems and sometimes DVDs. IIRC they won't ship some TCG products outside the country either.

EDIT: On a random note, Gamestop's Spain website won't ship games to the US either. I tried that a few months ago.

User Info: scigeek101

scigeek101
5 years ago#18
You don't need a Japanese address to order books or dvd's from Japan. But all other items will only ship to a Japanese address. (This is due to Manufacturer's agreements and warrenty).
Now that Bin Laden is dead let's go after Krazy Kim.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Where can i find a cheap jpn 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived