worth $100

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
5 years ago#21
HoboOfAwe posted...
Nintendo still makes about $145 for each system sold.

I just stopped taking you seriously.
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

User Info: HoboOfAwe

HoboOfAwe
5 years ago#22
SkyCrackers posted...
HoboOfAwe posted...
Nintendo still makes about $145 for each system sold.

I just stopped taking you seriously.

Fair enough, considering that I stopped taking you seriously at your first response.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
5 years ago#23
NEWS FLASH:

The 3DS's materials cost $100. Other factors play a part in the cost of the 3DS. At $250 Nintendo was earning some profit. At $170 Nintendo takes some loss.
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!

User Info: sumostickfigure

sumostickfigure
5 years ago#24
...It's worth $250. That's what I paid for it on launch and I'm getting rewarded with 20 free games.

No, the 3DS with those 20 games is worth $250. The 3DS itself is only worth $170.
If you want a picture of the future imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
5 years ago#25

Let's say that the profit margin for the 3DS is 15%. Okay, so, Nintendo still makes about $145 for each system sold. They assuredly lose very little money for labor; the average monthly salary at Foxconn, a major electronics manufacturer in China, is about $140 per month. Essential wage slavery. If you truly think that Nintendo is selling the 3DS at a loss, well: You don't know Nintendo at all.

So somehow even though it costs 100 bucks to make the 3DS, selling it for 170 means a 145 profit.... Must be some sort of magic Nintendo is using.
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."

User Info: HoboOfAwe

HoboOfAwe
5 years ago#26
LightHawKnight posted...
Let's say that the profit margin for the 3DS is 15%. Okay, so, Nintendo still makes about $145 for each system sold. They assuredly lose very little money for labor; the average monthly salary at Foxconn, a major electronics manufacturer in China, is about $140 per month. Essential wage slavery. If you truly think that Nintendo is selling the 3DS at a loss, well: You don't know Nintendo at all.
So somehow even though it costs 100 bucks to make the 3DS, selling it for 170 means a 145 profit.... Must be some sort of magic Nintendo is using.

Oh, I see what you mean now. :/ I have no excuse for my logic.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

User Info: pandawok56

pandawok56
5 years ago#27
.....I bought it...

User Info: blundermine

blundermine
5 years ago#28
HoboOfAwe posted...
pandawok56 posted...
Is the 3ds worth $100 in your opinion and why?

Yes, it is, because I don't like the hardware. I accept that the 3DS could have some great games in the future, but that doesn't justify selling outdated hardware for a $70 profit.

You do know they have to pay the retailers and shipping companies right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived