Does the StreetPass bug still exist?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does the StreetPass bug still exist?

User Info: scorejunkie

scorejunkie
5 years ago#1
The one where if the battery completely drains you cannot tag any previous Miis again? I just got a 3DS last week and this is my first time hearing about this.

User Info: Toke4us

Toke4us
5 years ago#2
It's bull. Been there, done that, tagged them.
I'd rather stick my wedding tackle into a lions mouth and then flick it's love-spuds with a wet towel (07/14/09)
http://tinypic.com/r/23to6jt/7 FC:210586871690

User Info: thedicemaster

thedicemaster
5 years ago#3
in normal use the battery can't drain that far.
you'd have to either leave your 3DS alone for a couple of years, or let it drain and then repeatedly try to turn it on.

User Info: Tempest_beta

Tempest_beta
5 years ago#4
Nope, the bug either never existed or was patched. A friend of mine removes his battery completely whenever Netflix freezes and we still tag. (I keep telling him to hold the power button, he says he does, I don't believe him.)

User Info: katysu

katysu
5 years ago#5
I have heard about this bug if you take your battery out (say to replace it with the Nyko) - don't really understand the technicalities, but the upshot is that players you have streetpassed with before, you won't be able to steetpass with again.
Its a problem if you regularly streetpass with other family members - the thread I saw most detail about it was on the nintendolife forum, way back:

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/serious_streetpass_bug

The solution - you could prevent it happening if you were very fast in exchanging the batteries over, no more than 10 seconds.
Otherwise you had to system format - drastic, takes you back to as if console was new.

Has it been fixed? - I don't know, not seen anything about it recently and that original thread was started in April.

Does the 10 seconds leeway tie in with what Tempest_beta says?
I wouldn't be concerned about it, unless I was taking the battery out.
Well the bug happened to me when i changed the battery. I would only tag my freind once a week but right after changing the battery it wouldnt work. Funny thing tho is that the same day we went to a convention. i got like 20 tags that day and late that afternoon i got one from my freind again. Been working properly ever since.

So i can say that the bug is at least not perminent, but i have no clue what fixed it.
PSN: Rockmanxexe
MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3

User Info: Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee
5 years ago#7
The bug is still there. If you remove your battery you won't be able to StreetPass with previous Miis, but only for a while. I removed my battery, and then I was unable to StreetPass with my girlfriend for about three weeks until we just randomly StreetPassed again when we were out.
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does the StreetPass bug still exist?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived