Just assume there's someone who does not spend all day looking at abbreviations.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just assume there's someone who does not spend all day looking at abbreviations.

User Info: Nin3DSFan

Nin3DSFan
6 years ago#1
What does IP stand for? (I used to know but now I forgot). Seriously, it's rather annoying how people just keep saying "IP" and expecting people to know what it means.

User Info: Wynters387

Wynters387
6 years ago#2
ICARUS POTATOES
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.

User Info: krzysio87

krzysio87
6 years ago#3
Intellectual Property

User Info: nick8676764

nick8676764
6 years ago#4
Internet Protocol
www.thednb.info

User Info: Wynters387

Wynters387
6 years ago#5
krzysio87 posted...
Intellectual Property

*throws a potato at krzysio87*
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.

User Info: Naveen93

Naveen93
6 years ago#6
In the context that you're probably reading about it on this board, IP stands for Intellectual Property. The rumors of Nintendo announcing a new "IP" at the upcoming press conference means that Nintendo may announce a brand new first-party series (as in not Mario, Zelda, Metroid, but something completely new all together).

For the 3DS launch, Steel Diver was considered a new Nintendo IP.
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started 1/27/2011

User Info: Nin3DSFan

Nin3DSFan
6 years ago#7
Yeah, I knew what it stood for (as I said), it's just that for those you don't, they might be thinking "wait, a new Internet Protocol?" or.... *shudders*... Nintendo making an iPod/iPhone/iPad?

User Info: 19061980

6 years ago#8
Nin3DSFan posted...
Yeah, I knew what it stood for (as I said), it's just that for those you don't, they might be thinking "wait, a new Internet Protocol?" or.... *shudders*... Nintendo making an iPod/iPhone/iPad?

You could have googled it. That's what I did for every acronym I came across when I started frequenting forums.

User Info: TheDarkNerd

TheDarkNerd
6 years ago#9
Even if they don't know what the acronym means, most people on message boards are bright enough to at least infer what an IP is just from context.
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif

User Info: Lump1700

Lump1700
6 years ago#10
Nin3DSFan posted...
What does IP stand for? (I used to know but now I forgot). Seriously, it's rather annoying how people just keep saying "IP" and expecting people to know what it means.

For someone who jumps down the throats of pretty much anyone with a question that is asked often, I find it pretty amusing that you don't know what an IP is. and don't know how to google? Let me help, buddy:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IP+acronym
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just assume there's someone who does not spend all day looking at abbreviations.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived