FPS on the 3DS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. FPS on the 3DS

User Info: Gdboyratedloud

Gdboyratedloud
5 years ago#1
So I been thinking, after hearing all the 2nd analog rumors and after seeing the control scheme for Kid Icarus Uprising, a 2nd analog is unneccessary!!!!

For a fps: circle pad movement, touch screen stylus aiming, L button to shoot, control pad for ducking jumping item switch

Makes perfect sense right????

User Info: Dick_McGumshoe

Dick_McGumshoe
5 years ago#2
I agree. This is how it was for Metroid Prime Hunters, and that worked perfectly. Not to mention, if the developer really wanted the 3DS to have a 2nd analogue stick, they could even put one on the touch screen for your right thumb.
Official Defective Gumshoe of all Attorney related boards.
Maybe I should call men "pal", and woman "palette"...

User Info: ORANGE666

ORANGE666
5 years ago#3
No, it would make sense if the analog was below the D-Pad. You have to take your thumb off the analog and then move your hand so you can use the D-Pad. If they followed the PSP format, you could keep your thumb on the analog and then use your index finger on the D-Pad. What was Nintendo thinking?
(message deleted)

User Info: mrfatcatmied

mrfatcatmied
5 years ago#5
ORANGE666 posted...
No, it would make sense if the analog was below the D-Pad. You have to take your thumb off the analog and then move your hand so you can use the D-Pad. If they followed the PSP format, you could keep your thumb on the analog and then use your index finger on the D-Pad. What was Nintendo thinking?

That's really awkward. I always use my thumbs to press buttons unless it's a trigger, so I'm used to moving my thumb in the middle of gameplay to press a button.
Level is the unofficial pony board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/42-level

User Info: mrekli

mrekli
5 years ago#6
If the D-Pad was above the Circle Pad, i would not have bought the 3DS. Do you guys hate your hands that much? That is such an unnatural movement. I hated the PSP's layout. At least with the Vita, they'll be sticks so it tilts and moves more comfortably.
3DS: 3007-8091-3598
Funtimes at Sega High.

User Info: ORANGE666

ORANGE666
5 years ago#7
mrfatcatmied posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

That's really awkward. I always use my thumbs to press buttons unless it's a trigger, so I'm used to moving my thumb in the middle of gameplay to press a button.

If you're playing a game like Monster Hunter, are you going stop moving just to move the camera around?

mrekli posted...
If the D-Pad was above the Circle Pad, i would not have bought the 3DS. Do you guys hate your hands that much? That is such an unnatural movement. I hated the PSP's layout. At least with the Vita, they'll be sticks so it tilts and moves more comfortably.

The 3DS is worse. Try using the Circle pad and the D-Pad at the same time. You can't

mrekli
5 years ago#8
ORANGE666 posted...

mrekli posted...

The 3DS is worse. Try using the Circle pad and the D-Pad at the same time. You can't

I can, sliding is easier than pressing with an awkwardly positioned index finger.
Funtimes at Sega High.

mrekli
5 years ago#9
Even so, a FPS game could be catered to the control type. The CODs on DS worked, Metroid worked, Moon worked.

Goldeneye for N64 worked. Solitare style.
Funtimes at Sega High.

User Info: djmaster1994

djmaster1994
5 years ago#10
Gamecube controller control stick above D-Pad and what difference does it make nothing. It's not racings game so whats so hard moving you sum down on inch. Besides GYROSCOPE will make work see LoZ:OoT 3D bow aiming.
POKEMON WHITE FC: 5243-1301-6395
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. FPS on the 3DS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived