Is a 2GB SD card suitable enough?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is a 2GB SD card suitable enough?

User Info: Superlinkbros89

Superlinkbros89
5 years ago#1
I'm thinking of getting an eshop card soon and downloading some games; I plan to use this service often but would upgrading to a larger SD card be a better choice? Or is 2gb plenty?
Imagine making a good RPG, but massively fail at it. If you can't do that, don't be Peter Molyneux.

User Info: FullMetalPanic

FullMetalPanic
5 years ago#2
2GB isn't going to cut it. Get a 16GB.
[PSN] MrCiel
[3DS] Ciel | 2062 | 9168 | 6736 |

User Info: Spiffy247

Spiffy247
5 years ago#3
You could use your 2GB card for a lot of stuff. I bought an 8GB sandisk ultra SD card, so odds are I'll never have to worry about space.
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.

User Info: tivanenk

tivanenk
5 years ago#4
It depends; sometime later in the future you will have to buy a new card if you purchase commonly.

User Info: Miggi3Fr3sh

Miggi3Fr3sh
5 years ago#5
As of right now I have A little over 27 downloaded things from eShop... Still using my 2gb
Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Game Center: Miggi3Fr3sh

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
5 years ago#6
I have 9 VC games 4 3DSware 2 3D classics a dozen videos, nintnedo video 16 of the ambassador games plus pokedex 3D swap note and a few dozen extra datas on my 8GB card and I still have a little over 50K blocks left

if you only download games occasionally then 2GB will last for several years
if you download often an 8 gig will last several years
if you download extremely often go with a 16 gig
This news has just filled my heart with rainbows-Ghirahim
Official Special OPs berserker general of the NDF

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 years ago#7
I ould update to an 8 or higher. Hell an 8gig isn't even expensive.

User Info: loseswithluigi

loseswithluigi
5 years ago#8
Depends on what you plan on getting. Virtual Console games are light on space. Games with Spotpass DLC, like Pokedex 3D and Dead or Alive will be a big drain if you get enough of them. It seems like from what I have so far that DSiware can't even be played from the SD card. So take that into consideration too.

User Info: Superlinkbros89

Superlinkbros89
5 years ago#9
Thanks for the responses, I'll upgrade soon. Is it relatively easy to transfer all my old data on to the new SD card?
Imagine making a good RPG, but massively fail at it. If you can't do that, don't be Peter Molyneux.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 years ago#10
Superlinkbros89 posted...
Thanks for the responses, I'll upgrade soon. Is it relatively easy to transfer all my old data on to the new SD card?

Hell you have a computer,op the old SD card into it, copy the data in one copy, make a folder and place that in it, then put in new SD card, copy the old data to that and done.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is a 2GB SD card suitable enough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived