4G for 3DS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
5 years ago#1
My only choice in ISP here is beyond **** tier, using sub-3G would be better than it.

Now, people on here have told me that they've used 4G hotspots with their 3DS before and they've had zero lag, should I look into 4G? What company? Should I get a hotspot, or go straight to a 4G phone? How would I use it with my 3DS anyway?

Thanks.

User Info: xR4PTORx559

xR4PTORx559
5 years ago#2
Probably go for Verizon's 4G hotspot. You could get a 4G phone that doubles as a hotspot but that costs more monthly. To give you an idea of how fast 4G is, I've seen videos of people getting to 18mb download speeds and my home internet is 20mbps which is considered a pretty good speed. It really depends on your area.
I'm not a genius; I'm just a rational thinker.

User Info: hoonsta

hoonsta
5 years ago#3
Wireless tether to a 4G phone, maybe?
PC: C2D E8500 @ 4.2 ghz / OCZ 4 gb of RAM / EVGA GTS 450 1 gb
Laptop: i7 2670QM / 8 gb of RAM / Radeon HD 6990M 2 gb / Corsair Force 3 90 gb SSD

Second_Chances
5 years ago#4
Well, considering I already have Verizon, that may be a good idea. Optimum (the only ISP here) is total **** as I've also seen many testimonials to, I've had better experiences with a old blackberry.

User Info: hoonsta

hoonsta
5 years ago#5
The problem with Verizon is that they no longer provide unlimited 3G/4G so you might end up going over the limit if you're not too careful.

[edit]
Actually, I'm not too sure if this also applies to the paid hotspot feature. I'd assume they give you a little more data usage.
PC: C2D E8500 @ 4.2 ghz / OCZ 4 gb of RAM / EVGA GTS 450 1 gb
Laptop: i7 2670QM / 8 gb of RAM / Radeon HD 6990M 2 gb / Corsair Force 3 90 gb SSD

Second_Chances
5 years ago#6
My 3G phone seems pretty unlimited.

Also I'd only use it with my game systems anyway for online multiplayer. My computer will continue to use the hotspot it's been using that my systems can't because of the whole "sign-in via browser" which crashes my PSP and 3DS and doesn't work period on my DS or Wii, and while it doesn't crash doens't work on my PS3 either.

User Info: blade113355

blade113355
5 years ago#7
4G on the 3DS drops the batt life to a hour
3DS Friend Code 0001-3509-3810 (Arehexes) PM me your F/C if you do
My LP is going again check it here https://www.youtube.com/user/ArehexesTheWind?feature=mhee

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived