EBGames Canada giving $25 per $8 or more game towards console (includes 3DS XL)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. EBGames Canada giving $25 per $8 or more game towards console (includes 3DS XL)

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
5 years ago#61
Barbie Island Princess is worth 10 dollars in credit so it counts ahahahaaa
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 412

User Info: BosSBaer

BosSBaer
5 years ago#62
I have a friend at eb and she said if I buy a used game for like $15, I am eligible for 50% off anything used. So I can get a used vita for dirt cheap trading in a few $8 games. Ask about the 50% for used merchandise!
IOS5 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
5 years ago#63
no xbox, ps2 or GC games? Cause then I would have a lot of games to trade.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 412

User Info: OoSubaruoO

OoSubaruoO
5 years ago#64
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
no xbox, ps2 or GC games? Cause then I would have a lot of games to trade.

They stopped taking Xbox/GC games in April, and Ps2 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQjY-iHiUE&feature=related

OoSubaruoO
5 years ago#65
QuagsireQing posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
beginningatlast posted...
QuagsireQing posted...
I should post a disclaimer: this deal only applies to the 3DS XL pre-order this week. The offer is valid until the 28th for purchases (really great when combined with the Vita deal), but for 3DS XL pre-orders, it's only valid up to and including this Friday.

Where did you get this information from? The website shows no indication and I spoke with the EB I go to regularly and they stated the trade towards the XL is also in effect until July 28.

Yeah, I did find this to be odd.

That's the way the promotion is set up in the store's system. The promotion is meant to be for purchases alone (July 1 to July 28), but it also works for 3DS XL pre-orders from July 6 to July 13. Who knows, maybe they'll extend the deal, or bring it back for 3DS XL purchases in August, but at the moment, 3DS XL is only included for this week.

I used the same promotion to pay off my "pre-ordered" Vita during the last week before release. If I was able to use it during then, I'm pretty sure 3DS XL pre-orders have no time limit either.

User Info: Fishbulb

Fishbulb
5 years ago#66
These deals are not as good as they seem.

First. Whenever there's a big promo like this, they move the $8 line and make a ton of games worth $7 trade-in that previously were $8 - $10. Any list currently on the Internet can be out of date at any time. They can and will lower the value of games if they get an influx of trade-ins of that title. Any mistakes in evaluation can be quickly corrected system-wide.

This leaves a big gap between games valued at the lower end of the spectrum (being a great value trade-in) and games that already are worth $15-$25+

Believe me, they don't make money taking crappy trade-ins and will always err on the side of profit.

The only way to really profit from a promo like this is to buy games that you know are included as part of this promotion at a clearance price (find a great deal somewhere on a lower-end game that you can buy at a 2 for 1 deal or something.) or if you just happen to have a bunch of newer games that you don't mind trading anyways.
New Years Resolution 2012 - Don't post sarcastic messages on forums.

User Info: Fishbulb

Fishbulb
5 years ago#67
BosSBaer posted...
I have a friend at eb and she said if I buy a used game for like $15, I am eligible for 50% off anything used. So I can get a used vita for dirt cheap trading in a few $8 games. Ask about the 50% for used merchandise!

Yeah right. Sorry, they won't give you 50% off a Vita because you bought a used $15 game.

Use your brain. Cmon.
New Years Resolution 2012 - Don't post sarcastic messages on forums.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
5 years ago#68
Absolutezero93 posted...
*Canada only* God damn it! -_________-
My friend asked if I was free this weekend. Of course I am, this is America.
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF

OoSubaruoO
5 years ago#69
Fishbulb posted...
These deals are not as good as they seem.

First. Whenever there's a big promo like this, they move the $8 line and make a ton of games worth $7 trade-in that previously were $8 - $10. Any list currently on the Internet can be out of date at any time. They can and will lower the value of games if they get an influx of trade-ins of that title. Any mistakes in evaluation can be quickly corrected system-wide.

This leaves a big gap between games valued at the lower end of the spectrum (being a great value trade-in) and games that already are worth $15-$25+

Believe me, they don't make money taking crappy trade-ins and will always err on the side of profit.

The only way to really profit from a promo like this is to buy games that you know are included as part of this promotion at a clearance price (find a great deal somewhere on a lower-end game that you can buy at a 2 for 1 deal or something.) or if you just happen to have a bunch of newer games that you don't mind trading anyways.

This deal is amazing period, you're getting $25 a piece for games worth $8 or more. None of the games that were always worth $8 or more were switched to $7.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
5 years ago#70
...basically, you should be buying a bunch of games for cheap that still have a trade value above $8, to pretty much exploit this deal? Maybe you could turn in a lot of profit from selling the systems if you shop smart.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. EBGames Canada giving $25 per $8 or more game towards console (includes 3DS XL)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived