3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)
DrakJay posted...
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does downloaded save data transfer, too? I downloaded Awakening from the eShop and I do not want to lose the data.

Yes, your save data of download-games will transfer.
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."

User Info: DrakJay

DrakJay
2 years ago#492
NintendoDudeGuy posted...
DrakJay posted...
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does downloaded save data transfer, too? I downloaded Awakening from the eShop and I do not want to lose the data.

Yes, your save data of download-games will transfer.

Is it just the PC transfer or does Wireless Transfer do it too?
ORAS was the worst

User Info: zymesh

zymesh
2 years ago#493
avoid wifi transfer, it will take too long unless you only have a few games stored.

Its easier to just copy paste the SD card to a computer for backup then cop it to a new micro SD. way faster too.
XBL: Zymesh || PSN: Zymesh || NNID: Zymesh

User Info: Tombawocxer

Tombawocxer
2 years ago#494
Okay. I'm really, really confused here.

I have two of the larger SD cards that I used with my 2DS; I want to get the content from both of those cards onto my 32gb microsd that I'll be using with my New 3DSXL.

...After going through the guide, I'm STILL confused as to what exactly I need to do.

HALP
Rexcowbam
Red, crimson red, am I the invisible boy?
Tombawocxer posted...
Okay. I'm really, really confused here.

I have two of the larger SD cards that I used with my 2DS; I want to get the content from both of those cards onto my 32gb microsd that I'll be using with my New 3DSXL.

...After going through the guide, I'm STILL confused as to what exactly I need to do.

HALP

As far as I know, you can't really do this. Cards can't just be combined.
You can pick one and redownload the other's games... and lose the save data of those games, unless it could be copied...
But copying the saves over afterward might not even work, if the save encryption happens to be per card instead of just per system... I don't know...

The other option is leaving the data separated into two cards like now...
But that's not good either.

Ask Nintendo if you can combine the cards somehow.
I think that's your best option right now.
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Tombawocxer

Tombawocxer
2 years ago#496
god what an oversight on nintendo's part

oh well
Rexcowbam
Red, crimson red, am I the invisible boy?

User Info: HylianCraft

HylianCraft
2 years ago#497
Uh, has this been said before? Well, anyway, I'm from the Philippines, and I don't know if thats hindering the effectiveness of my transfer. I'm transfering my 3DS data to my New 3DS, but when I try, theres always an error. The times when the errors are there is when it says:

Connecting to Internet ( at the VERY start )
Signing into Nintendo Network
Preparing to start transfer...

And sometimes when theres an error while it says "Preparing to start transfer", does it corrupt something?

And any way to make there be no errors? My internet is 3 MBPS ( is that how you spell it? )
The Hunt Never ends!
Favorite Videogames: Monster Hunter series, LoZ series, Fire Emblem series, Pokemon series.

User Info: protoleonardo

protoleonardo
2 years ago#498
Sorry if already asked, but I wen through several pages and couldnt find.

If I buy the new 3ds MH4 edition, for an example, and already have a 3ds, what will happen to the preinstaled game once I transfer my ID and personal stuff to the new system?

Planning on get a special edition new 3ds, since blue color didnt come, and now i'm afraid in loosing the game in the bundle, whatever it is..
protoleonardo posted...
Sorry if already asked, but I wen through several pages and couldnt find.

If I buy the new 3ds MH4 edition, for an example, and already have a 3ds, what will happen to the preinstaled game once I transfer my ID and personal stuff to the new system?

Planning on get a special edition new 3ds, since blue color didnt come, and now i'm afraid in loosing the game in the bundle, whatever it is..

Transferring on top of a 3DS with any games on it will put those games on your account (you will just have to redownload them).

(And before the transfer, do not log in or otherwise put an NNID on the target system. You can't transfer to a system that has an NNID already on it.
So as I said, just transfer to the system: your NNID will transfer to it, and the game(s) that were on it will be available on your account to download again for free.)
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Outer_space

Outer_space
2 years ago#500
k
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed