what retail game would you buy digital.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. what retail game would you buy digital.

User Info: Meringue2200

Meringue2200
5 years ago#21
I try to avoid buying digital games on closed platforms. They're never really promoted or maintained well.

On PC, where it's more of an open format, curated by multiple stores and lots of promotions, that's cool with me. But on consoles or handhelds, locked and governed by one maker, I'd only get a few rare digital exclusive titles (PSP had some good ones) until something changes.

User Info: Gold Slime

Gold Slime
5 years ago#22
Nothing except maybe something like Angry Birds for when I had 10-15 minutes to kill. Then I can still keep my normal game in the 3DS and not have to switch it out for the time killer at times like when i go to the movies and get there a little early.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

User Info: CryWolfe

CryWolfe
5 years ago#23
Monster Hunter 3G (or 4), especially if having them digitally means there will definitely be a localization. That, and the idea of always being able to go on a hunt without swithing cartridges is amazing!
Always aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll end up between the stars.

User Info: Sad_Face

Sad_Face
5 years ago#24
Games where I play for several minutes and then put back down as well as games I can't find in retail anywhere would be optimal for digital. I plan on getting NSMB2 this way but whenever there's a sale for it on eShop. Now that I think about it, I should get MK7 this way as well, but I'm going to buy it today with the XL. Unless, Nintendo already released the digital versions already...

User Info: CHOVI3

CHOVI3
5 years ago#25
Any game since digital is cheaper in here.
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 http://myanimelist.net/profile/pacuuuuu3

User Info: Masterchief5525

Masterchief5525
5 years ago#26
Only Physical for me, screw digital copies,
Xbox Live - ReaperOfTerror

User Info: shampoowarrior

shampoowarrior
5 years ago#27
Kieff_Kalina posted...
Probably just Animal Crossing for convenience!

This.
Animal Crossing is the only game I would realistically need/want on hand every day for the rest of my 3DS' life.
To a kid lookin' up to me, life ain't nothin' but pixels and money.
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior

User Info: Mordecai the Mad

Mordecai the Mad
5 years ago#28
None
Do not mock me, Raziel. You, of all of us, should respect the power bestowed by a limitation overcome.
-- Rahab "Soul Reaver"

User Info: 1shadetail1

1shadetail1
5 years ago#29
When I have the choice, I always get physical media. Thanks to the license, downloads can be taken away from you pretty much whenever the publisher wants, to say nothing of titles being deleted by accident if something happens to your unit or the server. But publishers can't come into your house and confiscate a disc or a game card, and the chances of accidental damage or loss is at least a bit smaller.
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.

User Info: mjc0961

mjc0961
5 years ago#30
None until they get proper accounts that let me redownload on different systems.
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. what retail game would you buy digital.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived