the difference between the megaman games? *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. the difference between the megaman games? *spoilers*

User Info: LunarRoar

LunarRoar
5 years ago#11
darkus_f posted...
Thanks guys.
I hope the 3DS gets another battle network or star force with online play. I missed all the previous games :/

I hope it doesn't. Capcom doesn't know what to do with Megaman without Inafune around.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)

User Info: 21_21

21_21
5 years ago#12
LunarRoar posted...
darkus_f posted...
Thanks guys.
I hope the 3DS gets another battle network or star force with online play. I missed all the previous games :/

I hope it doesn't. Capcom doesn't know what to do with Megaman without Inafune around.

If fans can make a decent "Megaman clone then Capcom has no excuse in making a great Megaman game.
Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts 3D and Tales of Graces F

User Info: AdolRed

AdolRed
5 years ago#13
Lost_Seraph09 posted...

And Megaman X7 is also 3D platforming

I think mentioning X7 should be a bannable offense just sayin'
Read my comic! http://thejaystack.tumblr.com
<3 Defiance, Ohio <3 Portugal. The Man <3

User Info: NettoSaito

NettoSaito
5 years ago#14
There are two different timelines

Normal -

Megaman
Megaman X
Megaman Zero
Megaman ZX
Megaman Legends

Alternate -

Battle Network
Starforce

basically...

Megaman - Classic side scrolling shooter

Megaman X - Takes place many years after the classics with new characters, and a completely new story arc (although it still ties into the past, since X was still created by Dr. Light, and Zero by Dr. Wily). It also improves on the classic gameplay but adds in many more moves/abilities (such as the ability to dash, and wall kick up walls) and it has a darker story. Some games also have more than one character to play as, and there was even an RPG sequel called Command Mission.

Megaman Zero - More of a direct sequel to the X series but focuses on Zero (who uses a mix of melee and long range combat). Series is even darker than the X series. (The Zero series is also one of the few Megaman series to get censored for the US release. I mean, yeah, most games have cursing removed, bu Zero was censored due to blood and violence. Don't get me wrong, the violence is still there, but it just isn't as bloody as it was in the JP release.)

ZX - Sequel to Zero (Zero ended with Zero 4), and focuses on Human characters who gain the ability to barrow the power from past reploid heroes. Gameplay is a mix of X and Zero. Also the original ZX was an open world platformer very much like Metroid, while the second game went back to a more "level select" type set up.

Legends - Takes place 10000s of years later and follows a "normal human" boy named Rock (who capcom renamed to "Megaman" in the US version just because they were scared fans wouldn't want to play a Megaman game without Megaman :/ ), and it is a 3D adventure game/action RPG. Think Legend of Zelda + 3rd person shooter. You'll do a LOT of exploring and puzzle solving, and there is also a pretty big focus on the story as well.

Then there's the BN/SF games

Battle Network - Takes place in a world where everyone has "net navis" which are virtual beings that they can use to surf the net, delete viruses, and fight each other. Uses a real time battle system that is on a grid, with special attacks being used by a "card" like system. Basically you download the attack cards to your navi, and then use them to attack.

Starforce - Takes place 200 years after BN. Same RPG style, but battles are now in 3D from a back view, and you can only move left and right on the grid. No more 3x3 arena.
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
5 years ago#15
noutBr posted...
MMBN/SF are RPGs with an action oriented battle system and random encounters. Would you say that the Tales games are not action RPGs too?

Yep, I would, 'cause they're not. An Action RPG is something like Ys, Kingdom Hearts, or Secret of Mana, where you don't "woosh" to a separate screen when you get into a fight, and where controls are pretty much the same in and out of battle.
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. the difference between the megaman games? *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived