Just out of curiosity, how many of you...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just out of curiosity, how many of you...

User Info: trenken

trenken
5 years ago#31
By now I was expecting some people to figure out some really clever uses for it, but it hasnt happened, so right now its nothing more than a gimmick. Anything that doesnt directly impact the game itself or how its played and is just there for aesthetic reasons is a gimmick, which just means its not needed to enjoy the games.

It's a shame because Nintendo showed examples of cool ways to use it with those neat little block levels in 3D Land, but they didnt even take advantage of it themselves in NSMB2 like I was REALLY expecting.

If Nintendo doesnt run with it, most dev's wont either. Nintendo really needs to be the ones pushing it, showing cool ways to use it, and they really arent so there are pretty much no games that really make great use of the 3D. Did not expect this when I bought this system. I really thought we would be swimming in all kinds of cool games using the 3D in clever ways.
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero

User Info: Awesomeggs

Awesomeggs
5 years ago#32
abbeldydoo posted...
I always use it.
"I say we give the aliens a green card, and make them PROUD to be an American."
Official Egg of the NDF

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
5 years ago#33
I use it pretty much all the time, usually on half settings.
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Biker Mice From Mars"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery

User Info: rahxephon122

rahxephon122
5 years ago#34
I use it all of the time. 100%. If I ever turn it off then it's because theres someone next to me watching what I'm playing. And that's only if im feeling generous. Usually I'll make them deal with having 3 wobbly images.

I find it as much of a gimmick as I find HD graphics, except more useful at times. Not many games have fully utilized it yet sadly. Although I found it useful in KH's dive levels.
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!

User Info: Jobocan

Jobocan
5 years ago#35
rahxephon122 posted...
I find it as much of a gimmick as I find HD graphics, except more useful at times. Not many games have fully utilized it yet sadly. Although I found it useful in KH's dive levels.

How is an effect that adds depth to an image "more useful" than the ability to display more stuff on the screen due to having more pixel space to work with? Yes, most devs use HD badly, doesn't mean it's not useful.
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
5 years ago#36
100% of the time.
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just out of curiosity, how many of you...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived