First Video game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. First Video game?

User Info: AdolRed

AdolRed
4 years ago#101
Mario 3. I thought the goombas were puppies and I tried to pet them which resulted in me running into em and dying over and over
Read my comic! http://thejaystack.tumblr.com
<3Metric <3 Portugal. The Man <3Frank Turner<3Radiohead<3Bomb the Music Industry!<3

User Info: DOAsaturn

DOAsaturn
4 years ago#102
I honestly can't really remember, it was one of these...

Atari Football (Atari 2600)
Keystone Kapers (Atari 2600)
Centipede (arcade)
Donkey Kong (arcade)
Pac-Man (arcade)
Super Mario Bros (NES)
Pong TV Unit
Mario Game & Watch

Those were my collected first video game experiences. A friend of mine had the Atari 2600 and those two games I remember fondly. I also played Super Mario Bros to death at another friend's house. I remember the Showbiz Pizza arcades with all the classic machines back then, too.

One of my buddies only had a pong unit, which we played until he tried to strangle me with the cord after I beat him. He didn't pop his ritalin for the day I guess...
weekendroady.com

User Info: DOAsaturn

DOAsaturn
4 years ago#103
Crap, almost forgot Oregon Trail for the Apple II. I remember staying after school for extended play sessions of that one!
weekendroady.com

User Info: arthur8642

arthur8642
4 years ago#104
Zork, pc.

What, you mean graphical? SMB, NES.
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'

User Info: EM_Mega

EM_Mega
4 years ago#105
Gemfire/Killer Instinct on the SNES, one of those two.

User Info: triple_lei

triple_lei
4 years ago#106
Super Mario Bros.

Part of the SMB / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet 3-in-1 bundle with the red Zapper.

I even faintly remember being at Toys 'R Us late at night to get it. I was probably only 5 or so. I don't ever remember not having the NES, that's for sure...

User Info: Gold Slime

Gold Slime
4 years ago#107
I'm not really sure since it was so long ago, but I think it was Asteroids for the Atarii 2600. If it wasn't Asteroids it was almost certainly Pitfall instead.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

User Info: DemonSeal-Curse

DemonSeal-Curse
4 years ago#108
Pokemon Blue when I was 3, was re-playing through Leafgreen not long ago and was amazed at how at age 3 I could make it all the way to the elite four on my own. My first console game was when I was 5, and it was Spyro The Dragon.
I am Error.
3DS: 0576-3504-6036

User Info: VampireRonin

VampireRonin
4 years ago#109
Galaga, probably back in '89-'90.
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg

User Info: GastonRabbit

GastonRabbit
4 years ago#110
My memory isn't positive on this, but it was either the first Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros. 3 (i.e. one of the classic 8-bit games). When I was little I would watch my brother play the NES and grew up to become a frequent gamer even though he rarely plays them these days. I think I started playing video games when I was three years old; I'm 23 now so it would have been at least 20 years (coinicidentally, Kirby's 20th anniversary was this year) since then and still a fan of series I grew up with like Mario, Zelda, and Kirby (got into Pokémon at age nine and branched out into way more series starting when I was 17 or so).
Are you a member of Team Plasma? Then you're about to feel Hugh's rage!
3DS: 1203-9227-6105 (GastonR)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. First Video game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived