Really looking forward to a new Zelda on this.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Really looking forward to a new Zelda on this.

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
4 years ago#1
Love the 3D, really starting to get into the 3DS as a system, even more so now. Paper Mario is so charming and the graphics look perfect with 3D.

I think a cell shaded Zelda game would look amazing in 3D on this thing. What do you think?
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
4 years ago#2
As long as they don't kill it with tedious transport systems or something like the Temple if the Ocean King, I'd be on board.
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.

User Info: lifelack

lifelack
4 years ago#3
yes it would be nice. Me too I'm looking forward Zelda but I fear we will get something inferior to OoT.
I'm don't like what they did with Paper Mario which I feel is too dumbed down. While great on it's own I wished for a tTYD kind of game... you know with a story and more RPG element. I like the 3DS a lot so far but first party Nintendo games are a letdown... It look like Nintendo forgot to target core audience.
I still have hopes for Luigi Mansion.
A windwaker type Zelda would be great. Love the artstyle. I don't like TP so I hope they don't go this route either. The whole wolf part was boring for me. Keep it magic, don't go into super-realism. I didn't like Minish Cap either but the two Oracles games where great.
As well as Link Awakening...

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
4 years ago#4
The good news is that the bottom screen is smaller and does not have the 3D effect. They won't give us a game that controls like PH and ST. Touch screen controls will be for menus only.
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
4 years ago#5
abbyhitter posted...
The good news is that the bottom screen is smaller and does not have the 3D effect. They won't give us a game that controls like PH and ST. Touch screen controls will be for menus only.

God I hope so. Touchscreen to do everything ruined the DS zeldas for me.
PSN: toadieman

User Info: Marsford

Marsford
4 years ago#6
How about a Link to the Past inspired version in 3D?

Basically different story, overworld outline, dungeons, items, etc., but the same vibe and pacing. F***, in that game when you were on death mountain, you f****** felt like you were on Death Mountain.
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.

User Info: Argh4430

Argh4430
4 years ago#7
abbyhitter posted...

You're being too hopeful. Aren't they still going on the "touchscreen-only" controlled games for portable Zeldas? Or was that only for the DS?

User Info: minterwanny

minterwanny
4 years ago#8
Argh4430 posted...
abbyhitter posted...

You're being too hopeful. Aren't they still going on the "touchscreen-only" controlled games for portable Zeldas? Or was that only for the DS?

I can't see why anyone would think that a new 3DS Zelda game will be touchscreen only.

The 3D only works on the bigger top screen.

With this in mind, why would Nintendo release a game controlled and presented on their smaller inferior touch screen? I suppose you could have 3D menus... that you wouldn't be able to use intuitively like those on a touchscreen.

User Info: Semi45a

Semi45a
4 years ago#9
Wii U Zelda>
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Only on gamefaqs can you go on "parole" for saying you like Nanako....

User Info: Compass

Compass
4 years ago#10
minterwanny posted...
Argh4430 posted...
abbyhitter posted...

I can't see why anyone would think that a new 3DS Zelda game will be touchscreen only.

The 3D only works on the bigger top screen.

With this in mind, why would Nintendo release a game controlled and presented on their smaller inferior touch screen? I suppose you could have 3D menus... that you wouldn't be able to use intuitively like those on a touchscreen.

There are plenty of touch-screen only 3DS games where you only look at the top screen while using the stylus below. I wouldn't put it past them.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Really looking forward to a new Zelda on this.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived