Does the white interior of the 3DS XL White influence the 3D effect?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does the white interior of the 3DS XL White influence the 3D effect?

User Info: KoenigHagen

KoenigHagen
4 years ago#1
I´m thinking about doing the "upgrade" from my normal 3DS in aqua-blue to the Xl, but I am undecided in which color to get.

I like the white one (with Mario Kart 7), as it is the only one with one-color-sheme, but I´m afraid the white interior will influence the 3D effect or distract me.

Has anyone a experience to share?

Kind regards!

PS: I may apologize for my english, I´m from Germany and it´s way to long I was in the need of writing something in english.

KoenigHagen
4 years ago#2
Bump

User Info: Marsford

Marsford
4 years ago#3
I always love when non-native English speakers apologize for their English when it's so much more coherent and legible than most native but lazy-a55 anglophones.

Anyway, lol, sorry TC, don't know. But I bumped your topic!
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#4
i've never had the pleasure of using a 3ds with anything other than a black border, so i wouldn't know, but i can't imagine not having a black border affects the 3d that much. i do have an idea though - see if you can find a white piece of cardboard or something, cut a hole so it fits around your 3ds' screen, and see if it affects the 3d at all. might be a dumb idea, but hey if a white piece of cardboard makes no difference to the 3d i can't see why a white border would.

KoenigHagen
4 years ago#5
Thanks for the compliment and for the helpful advice!
I did as you recommended, and I have to say:
Although the 3D-Effect is barely affected, the viewing experience is different. Think as you watch a movie in the cinema, but the borders around the screen are white...
But it just might be unusual to me because the last portable consoles I owned all had a black border around the screen.
Anyone got a white 3DS Xl and can share his/her opinion on this topic?

User Info: Haku

Haku
4 years ago#6
Pretty sure it was said in some interview/article that the black border was only needed on the 3DS because of the size of the screen. With the XL's larger screen, it is not needed.

User Info: Nintatterdemon

Nintatterdemon
4 years ago#7
Nah, no difference. The larger XL has better 3d anyways.

User Info: j0nb0y22

j0nb0y22
4 years ago#8
I have a white XL and it looks better in 3D than my launch Cosmo Black unit.
@('_')@
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does the white interior of the 3DS XL White influence the 3D effect?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived