Paper Mario: TTYD port.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Paper Mario: TTYD port.

User Info: Koi_Tenchi

Koi_Tenchi
4 years ago#21
21_21 posted...
I honestly don't understand why they didn't make another Paper Mario like TTYD. It's the best one. They got everything right imo, and since it was the first PM game I played, it might be why I didn't like the others, althought I haven't played the wii one yet...

You played and didn't like the N64 one?

I don't get that, if you really liked TTYD. TTYD is mechanics/gameplay-wise is literally an expanded upon version of N64 Paper Mario. Obviously they each have their own story and characters though.
It's a secret to everybody.

User Info: 21_21

21_21
4 years ago#22
Koi_Tenchi posted...
21_21 posted...
I honestly don't understand why they didn't make another Paper Mario like TTYD. It's the best one. They got everything right imo, and since it was the first PM game I played, it might be why I didn't like the others, althought I haven't played the wii one yet...

I don't get that, if you really liked TTYD. TTYD is mechanics/gameplay-wise is literally an expanded upon version of N64 Paper Mario. Obviously they each have their own story and characters though.

Yes, I played the n64 one, and I wasn't a huge fan of it, to be honest. The one for n64 felt kind of slow-paced. I don't know why or how to explain it, but I didn't have that same excitement I got from TTYD. Maybe if I played hten 64 one first, then I might've liked it.
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?

User Info: masa8mune

masa8mune
4 years ago#23
21_21 posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
21_21 posted...

Yes, I played the n64 one, and I wasn't a huge fan of it, to be honest. The one for n64 felt kind of slow-paced. I don't know why or how to explain it, but I didn't have that same excitement I got from TTYD. Maybe if I played hten 64 one first, then I might've liked it.

they're both amazing.
PM64 has one thing ttyd has not:NO BACKTRACKING.
and well the dessert love that.
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.

21_21
4 years ago#24
Eh, I never considered backtracking a tedious process in TTYD, but since you guys really love it that much, I might give the game a second chance eventually...
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?

User Info: Frozenx07

Frozenx07
4 years ago#25
I like the first Paper Mario more than the second because I played it first. I can understand not liking the first if you played it second. You would be comparing it differently.
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558

User Info: AXKSION

AXKSION
4 years ago#26
I never liked the paper series and would have much rather had a proper Mario RPG like SMRPG2.

However, I probably would have bought this game if Paper Mario Sticker Star wasn't such a barebones game, devoid of RPG elements, variety, exploration, multiple characters, story, etc.

It was bad enough that the Paper Mario series was already dumbed down.
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg

User Info: Monkmaster79

Monkmaster79
4 years ago#27
if the Wii U is getting gamecube games on its virtual console, then TTYD will most likely be available there.
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!

User Info: _Candice_

_Candice_
4 years ago#28
Monkmaster79 posted...
if the Wii U is getting gamecube games on its virtual console, then TTYD will most likely be available there.

Not to be a b**** but id like a citation for this. I see people saying this left and right but I never saw any articles or Nintendo Directs confirming this.
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard

21_21
4 years ago#29
_Candice_ posted...
Monkmaster79 posted...

Not to be a b**** but id like a citation for this. I see people saying this left and right but I never saw any articles or Nintendo Directs confirming this.

Hence why he said IF.

In fact, it wasn't confirmed yet, but I believe Reggie himself mentioned that possibility. I don't feel like looking for a link right now but it might be wrong, so don't quote me on this.
Currently playing:

User Info: helldew

helldew
4 years ago#30
the problem is with TTYD>>Papermario 64 is that TTYD pretty much worked on making everything P64 had and just made it beter going backwards is just a downgrade in many areas. P64 is great but TTYD toped it IMO. playing TTYD first though kinda sucked cause P64 is solid.
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Paper Mario: TTYD port.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived