I got my BF a used 3DS for $75 off a friend. How should I mess w/ my bf?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I got my BF a used 3DS for $75 off a friend. How should I mess w/ my bf?

User Info: AAngelEyes

AAngelEyes
4 years ago#1
He actually got me an XL with Zelda two months ago and I really wanted someone to play w/ me. And I found out a friend had a 3ds he never uses so he sold it to me. Only scratches on the outside :D Has screen protector, etc.

I'm worried though since he hasn't used it in years would the batteries be really bad.
Also how should I mess with my boyfriend? I want to mess w/ him with the present like trick him into thinking its something else. Totally suprise him. xD.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 years ago#2
3DS only 1.5 years. Anyhow, the battery shouldn't be bad. Just charge it for a while and keep it on till the light is red. Then do the same 2 or 3 times and it should be fine.

Anyhow, fun way to mess with him:

- Big cardboard NES
- Inside a big cardboard SNES
- Inside that a big cardboard N64
- Inside that one a cardboard Gamecube
- Then inside it a cardboard Wii
- Inside the cardboard Wii the 3DS

Build-up for Wii U, instead he gets a 3DS. That should be good for a laugh :P
On the other hand, might lead to a lot of disappointment as well (since he expected a Wii U).
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: OUTLAW2009

OUTLAW2009
4 years ago#3
Put it in a BIG box then keep putting them in another box until the boxes start getting really small lol idk just throwing out ideas
3DS FC 0774-42492697: When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12

User Info: OUTLAW2009

OUTLAW2009
4 years ago#4
nonexistinghero posted...
3DS only 1.5 years. Anyhow, the battery shouldn't be bad. Just charge it for a while and keep it on till the light is red. Then do the same 2 or 3 times and it should be fine.

- Big cardboard NES

On the other hand, might lead to a lot of disappointment as well (since he expected a Wii U).

lol this guy beat me to it
3DS FC 0774-42492697: When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12

AAngelEyes
4 years ago#5
nonexistinghero posted...

- Big cardboard NES

LOL. Where do I get those cardboard things?
Hm, I'm not sure if it would be nintnedo themed though. I'm scared he would guess what it is before he opens it. LOL

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 years ago#6
I dunno where to get those cardboard things, actually. You can probably ask around a few shops or look on the internet to get boxes with the right shape. Or in fact, you could also work with a scissor and tape to make them the right shape.

Gamecube is a bit off an odd fit though (N64 > Gamecube > Wii). So you could start off with the Gamecube (and then NES > SNES > etc). You 'could' paint them if you want, but you could also draw some stuff on it that makes it look like the proper Nintendo console.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
4 years ago#7
>note for treasure hunt
>has to go around house
>ends up in bedroom
>be scantily clad
>have 3DS out on bed
>"You can only have one"
You only need to know two things to understand KH: Everyone is Sora, Everything is Xehanort's fault.
http://backloggery.com/Lord_Frood

AAngelEyes
4 years ago#8
Lord_Frood posted...
>note for treasure hunt
>has to go around house
>ends up in bedroom
>be scantily clad
>have 3DS out on bed
>"You can only have one"

That gave me an awesome idea too!

Since the guy gave me a small case with it, I cna't fit the actual 3DS w/ the carrying case in the actualy box. I can wrap two things and have box in a box in a box in a box. And say you can only choose one.
LOl

User Info: jose_ole1

jose_ole1
4 years ago#9
AAngelEyes posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
>note for treasure hunt
>has to go around house
>ends up in bedroom
>be scantily clad
>have 3DS out on bed
>"You can only have one"

That gave me an awesome idea too!

Since the guy gave me a small case with it, I cna't fit the actual 3DS w/ the carrying case in the actualy box. I can wrap two things and have box in a box in a box in a box. And say you can only choose one.
LOl

This
3ds FC 4253 3721 5818
Less QQ More pew pew

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
4 years ago#10
Go buy the box for something super expensive off ebay. Put the wrapped 3DS in there without wrapping the box.
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I got my BF a used 3DS for $75 off a friend. How should I mess w/ my bf?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived