Just bought a 3DS XL - help me take care of it

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just bought a 3DS XL - help me take care of it

User Info: denpanosekai

denpanosekai
4 years ago#1
Got a red 3DS XL and ordered the following from dealextreme:

- GOiGAME screen protector
- plastic handgrip for playing in bed (have one for PSP, love it)
- red carrying case (Hori I think)

I'm waiting for the screen protectors to show up before even cracking the 3DS open.

Now what should I be doing about this screen damage I keep reading about? I am supposed to add rubber pads or felt to prevent the shell from closing completely?

Anything else I should be worried about? I had dead pixels and hinge problems on my first DS lite.

User Info: DawZef

DawZef
4 years ago#2
I took the rubber bumpers off one of my old keyboards and put it above the top screen. The screens don't come close to touching when I close the 3DS XL and it still does into sleep mode.

User Info: Fishbulb

Fishbulb
4 years ago#3
Not necessary with the XL.

If you're paranoid about it, just put a small piece of cloth in it when it's closed.
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.

User Info: Evonfire

Evonfire
4 years ago#4
What I do is use Air Duster, you can buy 2 cans at Best Buy for like 10 bucks and that blows all the dust, lint and junk our of the corners of the bottom screen. After the Air Duster I take a microfiber cloth (you can get these at radioshack or most places that sell eelectronics) and put A LITTLE bit of water on it. Then I wipe everything down really well. After that I use the Air Duster again for finishing touches and waaaallaaaa, practically a brand new XL. I do this once, maybe twice a week. I love my red XL and take good care of it.
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.

User Info: denpanosekai

denpanosekai
4 years ago#5
Thanks guys.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just bought a 3DS XL - help me take care of it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived